a stupid question...

• barricades
  • Born
  • Born
  • barricades

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

I have just gotten my host to redirect my website.com to it's .co.uk equivalent. But it just occurred to me (because I'm a bit thick you see) that doing that will presumably mess up my google analytics.

Does anyone who understands these things better than me tell me if I need to do anything to my analytics? Or will analytics just get redirected too?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some of the host-based data in Google Analytics will be off number-wise, but for the most part it will continue to work just as it does now. Analytics tracking is linked to tracking ID and account, only some of the data is linked to the domain name.

Technically, you could place the Analytics traking code on 100 dfferent domains and it would compile statistics that look like one domain was getting the traffic of 100 domains, that is until you investigate some of the host-based statistics such as the referering domain and discover the tracking code on the other domains.
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

google will eventually re-spider your site and the new links will show up. If you have any type of traffic to your site you'll notice the URLs will be updated quite quickly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts