Take that callcenter outsource guys !

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My neighbors friend is from Haiti and has a REALLY thik accent. I'm just now to the point where I only have to ask her to repeat herself a couple of times instead of after everything she says and I've known her for maybe a year now, see her periodicly.

Anyway, I went over her house to checkout a problem with her DSL and after checking everything out had no choice but to call customer service to make sure the connection was good.

They put me on the phone with someone I could barely understand in India, so when it came time to get her account information I just put her on the phone instead of translating. I ended up having to get back on the phone because she was getting frustrated, but the few minutes I got to listen to the two of them were priceless.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You must have pulled out your Mastercard. I have to deal with one of those kind of calls in the AM.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I reached Sprint's order support and an Indian guy assisted me and he kept on telling me that he was American, he said his name is Joe Smith in a thick Indian accent. I was like - wow, very convincing, Joe.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jenie0109 wrote:
he said his name is Joe Smith in a thick Indian accent. I was like - wow, very convincing, Joe.

HAHA :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

When i was at a call center i used to say in my thick Indian accent that my name was Jeff and claim myself as an American. I figured that if i called myself an American then i was and nobody could dispute this.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

As American as DUI, err, Apple Pie.

You guys should come to Florida some day. I've always had a bunch of different languages within walking distance of me.

Where I live right now I can walk across the street and hear Spanish if I make a right turn and go down a few buildings, some sort of Oriental if I make a left turn and go a few buildings, Arabic if I keep going to the left. That's just the buildings I can see from my appartment.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Our call centers always have people in them that speak pathetic English. I hate callig a call center ... These days I am getting a lot of telephone marketing calls though ... I always try and see how long I can keep them on the line before they hang up ...
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joebert, closest I've been to you is crystal springs I guess. Took a long weekend diving instruction there some years ago. I'm in TN, so I always enjoy a drive down to your state, much better weather, regarless of the languages! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts