Text Messaging

• whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I'm from the UK and I think most people in the UK send text messages all the time, I'm curious to see whether other countries do it as often as we do. (I believe the Americans don't, but i'm not sure)

Text messaging is what you do with a Mobile / Cell Phone when you use the letters on the number keys to send a message about 250 characters max to another phone, incase anyone is wondering.

whos_wee_dug?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

pedantic correction: 160 chars/msg :wink:
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:
pedantic correction: 160 chars/msg :wink:

lol, true true...160 characters per message...
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG in my SCHOOL (WOW) they do it all the time. at home, durning the movies(in the back), car trips and all over the place
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

many people are doing messaging all the time.
big market for this.
personally i dont like messaging.
but my friends love it. One of them did 750 messages last month. :roll:
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I a SMS freak, just got a new mobile and my contract gives me 300 free txts per month!

When they run out i go to http://www.cbfsms.com/ where you can send as many text messages as you wish.. for free.

Im not so keen on the slang, "wot u bin ^ 2? u wanna come out l8r?" some times it gives me a headache trying to work out what they are saying.

Sorry this is a bit of subject as i am from the UK and you have already astablished that we are text lovers! :D
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah UK pple are nutz abt messaging.
hey, how much for the phone that beckam's holding in vodafone ads over there??

It costs about 300 USD in japan.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just got my new phone
ImageImage

And it cost me £100 on contract plus £35 a month for line rental and 300 txts + 100mins.

To buy the phone on pay as you go it costs about £380.

This is the same brand of phone as david beckham is supporting.

1mega pixel and takes photos up to 858 x1144
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't own a cell phone (used to). Never again, unless my job pays for it because it's required. It's like my friends and family have a leash. If I don't answer, everyone bitches and moans about me never answering my stupid phone. Well, I don't always want to! I'm not a everyone's beck and call.

At least I'm not running a red light because I'm more interested in talking on my phone than worrying about killing people on the road... ugh.

(I'm a little jaded in the cell phone arena... heh)

.c
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooo nice phone Tone2k11

flip phones are the rage now. Maybe it's coz of beckam marketing power :wink: top earnings for a soccer player.

your phone looks like a good one to get.
I am still procastinating...
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its good but some things could be improved on it like-

Alarm does not sound if phone is turnt off! (bit of a bummer!)
The battery power of it is poor.
The calander does not remind you
Unable to send data via bluetooth (vodaphone want to get people to buy ringtones from them rather then send them to each other)
Ring tones are.

I would not pay the pay as you go amount for the phone, the only reason i got it on contract was because i get a free upgrade in 7 months.

Some good features with it are that it can record sound and video, takes really good photos (for a phone anyway) and looks cool.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG, so many faults with that model? hahahaha
but it looks good

seems like i have to find other models. Shopping for phones is a pain in the ass. I need a girl's help in this. when it comes to phones these days, they are the masters of reviews! :lol:
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems that messaging is pretty widespread...i personally don't like it even though I've sent 15 messages today so far today and I'll send about 250 in a month! I still don't understand why people can't just pick up the phone to talk rather than text, its soo much cheaper, i only text when replying to others texts generally.

Its good to talk, but bad to text in my eyes.

--------------- This is slightly off topic ----------------

madmonk wrote:
OMG, so many faults with that model? hahahaha
but it looks good

seems like i have to find other models. Shopping for phones is a pain in the ass. I need a girl's help in this. when it comes to phones these days, they are the masters of reviews! :lol:

Well...I'm no girl...but i work in a phone shop 3 days a week so i kinda know whats the 'in' thing.

The Sharp GX30 is a really good phone (Thats Tone2k11's phone) besides the problem he mentions.

The Nokia 6230 is the best phone on the market at the moment i'd say. MP3 player, FM Radio, Good camera, 4minutes of video record time (and a great framerate) and the fact that it takes memory cards, MMC's.

Motorola V600 is the cool phone to get right now, its let down by not having the facility to record videos. (only download them)

The higher range phones, Sony Ericsson P900 and The Siemens SX1 are also cracking phones, espec. the P900 because it has an mp3 player built in and is touch screen.

--------End O.T. ---------

whos_wee_dug?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh we are DEFINITELY big on text messaging here in the States. Text messaging plans are almost a must, especially if you're a high school/college student.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

My aunt must be really old fashioned then. :) She had a really crappy phone but lots of people in the UK have crappy phones too.

Text messaging can be useful, but there's never enough characters to say everything you want! If text messages were the leangth of this post then that'd do me nicely :wink:

whos_wee_dug?
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm in Australia and I text message at least 200 times a month with 60 free messages. I have 4 prepaid mobile phone plans, 3 with optus for Optus free chat from 9pm till 7am for 20mins each call and the other with Vodafone which I get 60 free messages every time I recharge with a $30 recharge card. LOVE MY MOBILE!!
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

agree i always end up sending to texts coz i go over the limit. Lately i have been sending email by my phone. You can use loads of charactors in the email.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tone2k11 wrote:
agree i always end up sending to texts coz i go over the limit. Lately i have been sending email by my phone. You can use loads of charactors in the email.

Hmmm, thats an interesting idea, i might try that. The only thing is it'll take ages to type the email up if you can't text quickly. (i can't :cry: )

Cheers,

whos_wee_dug?
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite a pro texter, can text without looking at my phone (used to text people at school under the table) lol.

Just need practice, its kinda like learning to type on a keyboard.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

me and my boyfriend text an awful lot, especially when we are away from the computer :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts