Thank goodness for Red Bull!

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a red bull on the way to work today mostly because I'm still trying to recover from the time change. I'm glad I did too because my first 20 minutes or so at work have been exciting! I got in just as one of the office staff was taking a load of soaking wet cardboard boxes outside and she told me that a toilet overflowed and flooded the office. Oh no! I'm lucky so far, I had two UPS's and two computers on the floor but so far they seem to be ok, I'm taking them apart and drying them out any way. If I can have this much excitement before 8:00 a.m., I wonder what the rest of my day will be like?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to work flood damage. That's called a level 3 flood. It's very toxic. If I remember correctly, that carpet has to go. You just can't dry it & leave it there.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

how long can one bottle of redbull last ?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Luckily only one room had carpet, the rest was vinyl tiles. The bad thing is though that carpet was just installed last summer. I'm not sure what happened exactly because after they got all the water mopped up, the maintenance guy shut off the water to there but in turn that shut off water to a second bathroom and the kitchen, so the kitchen staff had to improvise. Then yesterday afternoon he had all the plumbing underneath the big deep sinks in the kitchen taken apart and there was nasty smelly crap all over the floor. It stunk to high heaven but he said it was only gray water and not septic.

That red bull lasted me the better part of the morning, long enough to get my stuff cleaned up. The two computers that were on the floor, only one was damp inside the case but no motherboards or power supplies or anything got fried. Phew! That was lucky as far as I'm concerned, it could have been a lot worse.
  • webmaster[+-]
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's my fuel too! :multi:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts