The best thing about the Superbowl is...

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

...the adverts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raidy0ATd3A

:lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

That commercial was pretty silly. In coincidental other news, I am going to take a break and go eat some m&m's.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Advertisements are even more funny when there are bloopers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejGMPAShdY

A little bit of background here. Will Ferrell and Old Milwaukee made this one specific commercial specifically for one television market, the 2nd smallest market in the US (#209 out of 210). This market has exactly one NBC news affiliate so it was quite literally the only station in the country to run this specific commercial, and they cut off the main part of the commercial with a local promo.

Now here is the really funny part. I use to work in the production department of this station! Back in high school and college I worked part time here starting as a studio cameraman and moving on up to a field videographer and eventually directing live newscasts. I left when I got a full time job doing IT work.

And what makes this even MORE hilarious is that this aired just after the end of the second quarter. Any Patriots fan will know that Danny Woodhead scored a touchdown that made the score 10-9 in the final moments of the first half of the game. Small world! I went to high school with Danny and had several classes with him while simultaneously working at this tv station. So his hometown tv station mucked up a very special and unique advertisement only mere moments after he scored a touchdown in his first superbowl.

This is just too good to be true.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I emailed an old friend from that tv station that still works there and he says that it wasn't a fluke. The commercial came that way and was intended by Will Ferrell himself to be cut off at the end. The whole joke was that he walked slowly through the field of grain and just as he opens his mouth *bleep* and it goes to another commercial. Fooled me!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, I bet that fooled a good number of people that wanted to figure out what he was about to say.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

... that the New York Football Giants won!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:
... that the New York Football Giants won!

Well, this is true... if you are a fan and you know more than nothing about the sport( unlike me 8) )
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

who won

hahahahahahahaha

funny ad tho

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts