The Donald

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you guys been getting much coverage about Donald Trumps proposed $2 billion golf course development just outside Aberdeen in Scotland?

The site in which the planning permission was put in for is actually not too far from where i live and while i appreciate the wildlife surrounding the area it seems silly that the whole development planning has taken as long as it has.

Donald Trump was back in the area last week for some sort of "inquest" into why the development was initially rejected by the local council. I know many many people that want it to go ahead and he too pointed out that he's never had a project that was so popular amongst so many people yet the planning permission hasn't been put forward yet.

There is expected to be a final decision made in the next couple of weeks. If the it is rejected then it will be yet another thing that shows that alot of people in the local council have zero ambition. It sucks to see such a successful businessman wanting to build "the worlds best golf course" as well as a number of luxury homes in the area and for the council to still be deciding on whether it's given the go ahead about a year or so after he initially proposed it.

What is interesting though is the concillor who had the deciding vote on whether it was to be given the go ahead was sacked shortly after because it sent out the "wrong message" on the planning systems integrity.

You can check out the timeline of the whole proposed development by clicking here.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow this is still "on the table" ? I remember hearing about this ages ago.

I bet the only reason the council is taking soo long is they know how trump does business. They're afraid of simply being "the landlord" of the greatest golf course on earth.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will be concluded like i say in the next couple of weeks.

I think the fact that the Scottish Government gave the plan a second chance by starting this inquest suggests that they are favouring it. At the end of the day it is the government that will be making the final decision.

Alot of people see this as the thing that will help the economy when the oil runs dry in the North Sea. At the moment the economy in not just the local area but in Scotland and even England is boosted significantly thanks to the oil reserves here. Aberdeen is the Oil Capital of Europe, and when the oil does go as it inevitably will then as thing stand not alot will be here to keep the economy going. This golf development is just perfect.

Another important thing to take into consideration is that it's proven that where Donald Trump develops alot of other companies follow. Some might view that as a negative, but again i see more positives in that.

A couple of months ago our First Minister (Scotlands political leader) was in America trying to promote business links between the two countries. Wouldn't giving Trump permission to build this course be the best possible advert for working with Scottish businesses? It's a no brainer to me.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I think the fact that the Scottish Government gave the plan a second chance by starting this inquest suggests that they are favouring it. At the end of the day it is the government that will be making the final decision.

It sounds more to me like citizens & Trump raised a stink & the Government is trying to save face. :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of "the government & trump raised a stink" and now the Government is pushing it to go their way.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never quite took them a couple of weeks to conclude it, but hey. Today we found out that it was approved and work should begin soon.

Good economic boost for the area, but alot of natural beauty and wildlife could be put to harm which is a shame.

BBC
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dr Donald Trump now.

Today he was given an honorary Degree from the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, a decision that was not favored by a lot of p$eople.

BBC Scotland
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, when is that golf course be done? Or is it done now?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still under construction. According to the man himself yesterday it is ahead of shedule although there are still a number of people refusing to sell their homes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts