The iPhone leak

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure if others have followed this story or not. Gizmodo obtained a 4g unreleased phone and ran some details on it before sending it to Apple.

Now the police have seized the editors equipment at his house last night.

Summary of story in my words:
An engineer was drinking on his birthday, and left his phone. An unnamed source seen it and waited for him to return. It appeared to be a standard iphone with its case. The source contacted Apple, but the minions he talked to didn't believe the story and left him with no recourse. He then sold the phone to gizmodo. Gizmodo ran an exclusive on the phone, and found the engineer's name, contacted Apple later after the exclusive and sent it back.

Now, police have just raided with a search warrant, the editors house taking computer equipment and servers. The engineer has not been fired yet, and Woz has posted a few things about another instance of an engineer being fired for showing him the ipad after the midnight release NDA.

How the iphone was obtained by giz: http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lo ... ext-iphone
Woz story: http://gizmodo.com/5523673/steve-woznia ... e=true&s=i
Raid: http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-seize ... -computers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've kind of been thinking that this was a publicity stunt by apple and the phone was planted or was given to gizmodo and all of this is a clever story to stir up controversy and potential customers. It looks like if that is the case then they took it way too far.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds more like macheist plot than an apple plot.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

The leak though created a lot of buzz but end of the day we saw Steve Jobs launching iPhone 4 on 7th June which is a lot different than that of the so-called lost/leaked iPhone 4.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

navidimran wrote:
The leak though created a lot of buzz but end of the day we saw Steve Jobs launching iPhone 4 on 7th June which is a lot different than that of the so-called lost/leaked iPhone 4.

A lot different? The phone that was released is the same phone that was leaked. How is it different?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts