The man who sued god

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would appear that one man has decided to sue god because God had inflicted "widespread death, destruction and terrorisation of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants".

There was a movie made a few years ago starring Billy Connoly (that Scottish comedian i left a topic about a few weeks back) called "the man who sued god" and it really does make for an interesting topic. It seems this guy is getting most of his arguement for the case from the well written movie itself.

His case was dismissed by the court because the defendant has no address so legal papers cannot be served.

If he appeals it looks like he is going to use the arguement that because the court had recognised the existence of God that "a consequence of that acknowledgement is a recognition of God's omniscience".

I'm not a religious guy, but i find stuff like this pretty interesting. Even if you are non religious then i do recommend you watch that movie. It's very cleverly written and states a good arguement for and against the case against God.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7673591.stm
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is Christianity incorporated, could this guy sue the Church if God can not be found to face the accuser ?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Even if you are non religious then i do recommend you watch that movie. It's very cleverly written and states a good arguement for and against the case against God.

Agree completely. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joebert, if he follows in the steps of that movie then yes is the answer.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

This happened quite a while back, I thought it was hilarious. I was living in Nebraska at the time when he did that, Ernie is my freaking hero. Back when I worked at the tv station in North Platte I got to meet Ernie when me and a reporter went to Lincoln to shoot a special story.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just saw "DOOMSDAY" on dvd from the library. Now there is a great Scottish movie about "widespread death, destruction and terrorisation of millions". The Road Warrior meets 28 Days Later with subtle shades of Aliens thrown in. It seemed dumb at first but by the end I was loving it...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

alanwalters wrote:
From the spiritual demand,this film is a very good mental nourishment.But whenever facing the reality of life,the protagonist's action seems a bit ridiculous.

Being ridiculous was his entire point. Chambers was the kind of guy who took his opinions to the extreme and wouldn't budge an inch on any issues. There were lots of things where his vote was the only "nay" vote and everyone else voted "aye", he did those things just in protest. He hated Nebraska's unilateral system, but also opposed term limits which doesn't quite make sense. It was the new term limits law in Nebraska that eventually forced him out of office.
  • tymes90
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tymes90

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw that movie a while ago and it really was a pretty good flick another one you should check out is "dogma"

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts