The new XBOX Reveal in thirty minutes

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those of you who have the XBOX 360, the next generation of XBOX is about to be revealed in approximately thirty minutes. It will be interesting to see what comes next, these days I mainly use my XBOX 360 as an entertainment device for watching Netflix, HBO Go, or playing DVD movies. Occasionally I still will play games too. I saw a rumor the next XBOX released today will finally support Blu-Ray too.

You can watch the live reveal here:

xbox.com/hub
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just watched it. It looks like they are trying to become your entire home entertainment system. I'm not sure I want to have them as that.

I use my Xbox for games and that is it.

They really didn't go into any performance details that I heard and that is what I was looking for.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

They did briefly talked about hardware specs though, said it has a 8-core CPU, 8GB of ram, 500 GB hard drive, blu-ray drive, Wireless-N, HDMI in and out, USB 3.0.

I did think the integration with live TV was cool, and how you can just say goto ESPN, or goto HBO, without having to figure out what channel it is on.

The graphics for the games were awesome I thought, getting very realistic!

I was really hoping they would mention the price, I didn't see them mention that.

By the way for any of you who missed it, it is called XBOX One.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

They'll likely mention price at E3 this year.

Personally, if the improved Kinect gestures work as well as they faked them on screen, I'll be sold on it, not to mention I'm happy to get rid of my Blu-Ray player. It's curious, however, to see them emphasizing TV so much in an era where people are increasingly ditching cable/satellite for services like Netflix and Hulu.

One thing I'm somewhat surprised they didn't try to include is a complete 7.1 receiver. With that, my living room would then literally just be the Xbox and my TV, as opposed to my current TV+receiver+Xbox+Bluray setup.

I'm going to reserve most of my opinions until I see more info at E3.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for those specs. I was watching at work so I may have missed that part.

The graphics did look pretty good but I don't know if it relates to the new machine or they (game companies) are just learning better ways to do it.

I liked the COD comparisons.

I haven't had cable TV at home in almost 1.5yrs.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the XBOX One was a complete 7.1 receiver I would buy it in a heartbeat, that would have me sold. I actually don't have a blu-ray other than on my computer so I would welcome that too since we do use Redbox here and there too. I already was in on the early Redbox Instant streaming service but did not like it all. Love Netflix though, and some of the exclusive shows they have now.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nothing overly excited me about the release (which i saw thanks to the link you posted on FB Ozzu).

Personally i've never actually watched anything on BlueRay yet, never actually used Kinnect yet nor does the whole talking to the device to change channels fill me with much joy. It's actually strange though because stuff like this would have been ridiculously exciting a couple of years ago, now we are just spoiled with technology and nothing seems all that surprising nowadays.

A clever addition for Microsoft was to announce they are to make a Halo TV Series exclusive to XBOX Live. I think it is pretty clever to attract new customers to the live service if it means they can watch a televised program based on one of the biggest game franchises ever.

Biggest let down for me though was the fact that Microsoft decided that they had to announce this console now without being clear on issues such as the price and release date. One of the things that i think has made Apple such a successful company is the fact they mass produce, announce, then sell their products typically within 3 weeks of each other. The XBOX One will be a huge seller, but i know there are many excitable people out there that will be thinking there is nothing worse than finding yourself sitting waiting for months and months for this device.

I would predict it will retail at around $(/£)300-550 dependant on specs with a release date of late October-mid November.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

and yet its funny to know that Microsoft is still paying Sony for the blueray tech.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts