The Nobel Peace Prize...

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

So what do you think?

Obama's fine and all, altho he has not done much of substance yet. I kind of figure this is a sure sign of how abysmal "the competition" was: ie, nobody in the world is really doing anything much to further the cause of peace recently, so it might as well go to Obama. :cry:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

He could get a lot more done if he would actually use his power as president. He's trying to hard to be bipartisan and to be the nice guy, but sometimes you just have to be a hard ass and use your authority to do things.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hang on, he won?

I can't fault him so far but not sure what he really did to win prize.

It's easy to determine who is worthy of a peace prize if they are president but what about all the non political figures that are doing their bit to make the world a peaceful place?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is way off topic, but I have to say something funny. SB's Stewey avatar made me laugh because over lunch break today my wife and I got a birthday card for my wife's sister's daughter that is about to turn 15. It had Stewey and when you open it the card talks and Stewey says he has a present for you in his diaper and it isn't a toaster.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's kinda funny how McCain and Palin are always looking to win all of the popularity contests, yet Obama just keeps getting these things handed to him and he doesn't even seem to know why.
  • thachi
  • thachi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has he done anything yet?
I was shocked, but....
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this has little to do with a specific effort on Mr. Obama's part. I think it has more to do with an African-American being elected POTUS, which is momentous for the US when you consider the history.

Did he deserve to win? I don't know. That's not really my call and I don't really have an opinion, either.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suppose an optimist would say that it could have been alot worse. I'd have Obama win this before any other developed nation leader at the moment, he appears to be more of a diplomat which is good for keeping peaceful relations with other nations.

In the first year of bush's term in office he had already declared some sort of war, pretty certain he picked another enemy as soon as he won his second term too. Obama so far has kept things a bit more civilised and not verbally threatened or bullied a nation yet lik bush would have done.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The conservatives are being total idiot ass holes about this. Whenever Obama fails, they cheer, and when he succeeds they cry foul. I don't care if they don't agree with his policy or anything, he's still the president and he has a lot on his shoulders so give him at least a little bit of respect.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read that the Nobel Peace Prize are for things he is going to do in the near future, like starting a war with Afghanistan when they were against such notion when Russia was at war with them for 9 years before.

I also heard that Obama is asking Russia for help on this one.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where are all the "End the War" signs and protests that were prominent the last years?

We still are in Iraq and Afghanistan....

hmmmm.

Peace? You mean not taking a stand..
Iran and North Korea are doing what they want, and no one has the balls to step up.
The holocaust will have nothing on what Iran will do to Isreal if they are not stopped.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think we should be in Iraw or Afghanistan, I think they are fights that will never end. But we can't just snap our fingers and be done with it. Even after world war 2 we were still in Europe for months before soldiers started coming home. Shoot, we're still there to this day.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts