The Social Network War Google Facebook Anonplus

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the last few years the social revolution has grown rapidly from the social concept of keeping in touch with others, so we started with friendser and myspace then evolved into Facebook that has been the leader in social networking.

The social war continues and then Google are like well Facebook is getting a lot of our traffic and advertisement space we have to do something they are making too much money that should be ours, So now we have the new Google Plus that plans to take over social network and personally i still think facebook will win as they layout is better then G+ in my opinion.

Now the point of the story, if anyone has been keeping up to date with internet news Google plus kicked anonymous off G+ and blocked their account and so i believe there is a "Anonplus" in the works to compete with Google Plus.

How funny is this tho haha
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Plus is pretty poor. I appreciate a few of the features, but it is nothing on Facebook. That being said i am hoping G+ is more reliable and integrates the "Apps" that you get on Google Chrome into the system, sort of like how there are "apps" you can use on Facbook.

It's not as social as i thought it would be though, be that because i probably don't have enough contacts, i do not know.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i signed up too with high hopes, got a invite so why not. I found it poor too, facebook layout is well perfect and no one can copy it really without facebook suing so yea. Facebook ftw on this one.

But end of the day the social network scene is out of control, there may be privacy settings but no one cares really most people add anyone who accepts them to have that extra friend. oh well

can't wait for the social network fad to be over.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is dying out. Google will eventually overtake Facebook, i don't doubt this one bit. People are getting bored of FB and they have done nothing to change FB too much over the last few years which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Google seem to be approaching this in a different way and seem to be focusing their social scene around "acquaintances" rather than just the Friend scene. This makes it more appealing to those who want to draw the fine line between friends and those who they know from various places but wouldn't class them as friends.

G+ has made it easier to determine who is what and when you leave a status report you can decide who can read it, so if you only want your friends to read it they will read it. You can do this in Facebook but it's not as easy and it's not as clear...so much so i wouldn't be surprised if quite a few people didn't even know they could do that.
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was pretty amazed when I tested Google+, its a work in progress but I thought a big company like that would do better.

Personally I find the "circle" thing a big disturbing and I don't think its needed most of the time or for everyday use.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is a social network?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

Yep.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Yep.

First time I'm hearing about it... thought that the +1 button was just for the searching thing and came from the searching thing rather then social network

I want an invite :!:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I want an invite :!:

PM me your email address :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never got an invite, there was a website that Google had opened up that allowed people to join for a short period of time. If it is still available i will link it here. Need to go search for it.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a graph that shows how long it took for FB, G+ and Twitter to reach 10 million members.

Attachments:
10mil.png
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google had the advantage of already being popular and widely used. Accounts were already created in Google, it's just a matter of initiating the Google+ service.

Twitter and Facebook had to get out in the open and known to the public to reach 10 million users.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts