~The Worlds First A.I. Robot~

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I ran across this web site and I found this http://www.irobotnow.com

I was pretty much about to crap myself looking though all of this. I couldn't believe all of this was true. I actually figured it just couldn't be. If it was than our intire world would change. You have to look at it to believe it..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

OH! btw... Did I forget to mention that it's fake? Hahaha.. I do that sometimes.. Yes, there is no robot that we can take home to do all our work for us. It is actually a new movie coming out soon. They didn't bother to mention this because they want people talking and make the movie HUGE when it does come out. But, anyways... The site really is cool as hell.. Really nice site.

Sorry guys, we are not quite there yet. "I, Robot" will be the name of the movie when it comes out. But, I figure it will be a kick ass movie.. If that helps your disappointment any
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

OoOo, very cool. I still haven't read that book yet, though. Ah well, the movie doesn't come out until July, so I have some time yet. Hrmm...it's starring Will Smith?! That's...interesting.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Isaac Asminov is a hell of an author. I don't know how I feel about Will Smith being in it. Do you think there will be a dance scene like the MIB movies? oh god!

What is with the shock publicity trend movies are taking lately to get promoted? It is a cheap way to go but I think it is ruining the media even more (if that is possible)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was going to say, I thought Asimov wrote "I, Robot". That will certainly be a movie I'll enjoy.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know.. I thought it was a pretty damn smart move to try and boost this movie when it comes out. No doubt that it will be a hit. The site alone is REALLY REALLY REALLY kick ass. It's funny how real they make it sound like there really is a AI Robot that you will get to take home and go through all this trouble to get you to believe it.

This reminds me of something from a while back. My cousin was going to a concert on night and this dude was handing out these blank video tapes for free. So, my cousin took it home and popped it in and he had no idea what it was. He thought it was some kind of music video at first. But, there was no music. It was really weird and freaky. Then about 3 or 4 months later he went to go see this movie called "The Ring". After he watched it he had this weird feeling that he had seen it before or there was just something really familiar about it. Comes to find out that that blank was a copy of The Ring's blank tape in the movie.

Now that would freak me out. But, then again that is pretty cool..
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where does it say it is fake? And how do you know it is fake?
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here ya go PluTunium:
http://www.onrobo.com/enews/0210/irobot.shtml :wink:
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank You for clearing this up, but how did you find that?
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

not too hard to figure out. For one thing if it was "real" than it would be way more known to the public. It also says it will be released July 16th.. Funny how it's that soon when the site has only been up for a week or so. July 16th when the movie comes out. Plus people already know about I, Robot is a movie coming out staring Will Smith. Kind of a coincidence, eh? A.I. does not excised yet and they are sure as hell not going to give it to the public this soon without anyone even knowing about it. They also don't go into too much detail about the robot on the site. The robot can lift up to 800 pounds.. There is no way in hell I would want a A.I. in my house that is that strong. If there was an A.I. I am pretty sure they would of used it on that robot they sent to Mars a while back instead of remote control. Even if it did excised there is no way in hell anyone other than Donald Triumph and Bill Gates could afford it.

Then there is the simple fact that I, Robot just happens to be in the web site URL http://www.IROBOTnow.com
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heart wrote:
not too hard to figure out. For one thing if it was "real" than it would be way more known to the public. It also says it will be released July 16th.. Funny how it's that soon when the site has only been up for a week or so. July 16th when the movie comes out. Plus people already know about I, Robot is a movie coming out staring Will Smith. Kind of a coincidence, eh? A.I. does not excised yet and they are sure as hell not going to give it to the public this soon without anyone even knowing about it. They also don't go into too much detail about the robot on the site. The robot can lift up to 800 pounds.. There is no way in hell I would want a A.I. in my house that is that strong. If there was an A.I. I am pretty sure they would of used it on that robot they sent to Mars a while back instead of remote control. Even if it did excised there is no way in hell anyone other than Donald Triumph and Bill Gates could afford it.

Then there is the simple fact that I, Robot just happens to be in the web site URL http://www.IROBOTnow.com

Thank you for explaining that.
Just one thing. I visited that site a long while ago, so it hasn't been a week that it has been up. Just a minor detail lol.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Than one would think it would be way more popular by now if it was true.. I also forgot to mention that the video on the robot on the web site has appeared in movie previews at the movies..
  • AnthonyF
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually there is a robot thats just like that that really DOES EXIST.

I was reading People magazine today while waiting to get my hair cut and read about it. I guess it can do quite a bit, walk down stairs, recognize voice commands and faces - the likes.

Used to do simple things like vacuum, get the paper, wash windows, boil water, greet family members and even walk the dog.

Doesnt look as neat as the iGeneration robot - but check it out, http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/

Yes... Honda makes it... *cough*
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me, or does it seem that we have a lot of brain power and technology to create a really superior robot, but no one want's to build/fund it?
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, actually from what I hear the robot on I, Robot is actually a real working design for a robot and I do believe they have it built and working. One thing I do know is about his muscles. Thoughs black looking bags around his arms and legs are actually a break though in technology. They actually work like real muscles. Now, I am not 100% sure how they work but I have seen one work. But, again all this is pretty cool but there is no "real" A.I.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

They Finaly Released The Trailer To It!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/i_rob ... large.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts