Is there a way to save Outlook Task to a webpage?

• ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone know a way to save MS Outlook 2002 Task folder into a webpage? I want to save the Task into a webpage much like when saving the Calendar folder into webpage. Any help in this issue is appreciated.

ljCharlie
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb
  • Loc: Quebec, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Export data from Outlook and modify using Excel

In Outlook, do the following:

On the File menu, click Import and Export.
In the Choose an action to perform box, select Export to a file and then click Next.
In the Create a file of type box, select Microsoft Excel and then click Next.
The first time you export data from Outlook you are prompted to install the necessary translator that allows you to export the file.
Click Yes when prompted to install.
In the Select folder to export from box, select the Outlook folder that contains the source of the data (Tasks, Calendar, Journal, Notes, Contacts, etc.) that you want to export, and click Next.
In the Save exported file as box, do one of the following:

Type the folder path and file name — for example C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\filename.xls — to the location where you want to save the data.
Click Browse to navigate a folder path to where you want to save the data, and then type a file name in the Browse dialog box.
Click Map Custom Fields to specify the column headings and data that you want to appear on the team Web site.
Click and drag the values of interest from the source file on the left into the destination field mapping list box on the right.
Click OK and then Finish. (If you are exporting Tasks or Appointments, you are prompted to specify a range of dates.)
Open the Excel spreadsheet you saved, format the column headings differently from the rest of the spreadsheet, and then save as a Web page.

saw on http://www.bcentral.co.uk/technology/office/other/frontpage/SharePointHowTo/ImportOutlookData.asp

hope it helps
  • ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response. Actually I was thinking of something more friendly than exporting to Excel and save as webpage. I new this would work, the problem is that I have to deal with the format unlike when saving the Calendar where it's automatically format the whole thing.

ljCharlie
  • SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then ... use PHP or ASP to get the info directly into a database.

1: you export your tasks into a database
2: you build only once your page ( design etc )
3: you build the code to get that content ( with some tutorials you can make it ) i hope :) if not... try to get some help from others. ( i am not expert in this so i can't really help you more)
  • ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Again, thanks. Actually, I was just thinking of using a MySQL database...like you mention and use PHP to query. I guess that's another option.

By the way, do you know or anyone know if Outlook 2003 or 11 is capapble of saving into webpage?

ljCharlie
  • SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh just found some thing good for you :)

Quote:
Use Outlook Web Access (OWA) in Exchange 2000 Server. Exchange 2000 OWA automatically exposes contacts folders as Web pages.
Perform a merge to Microsoft Word. You can use a catalog or label layout, then save the results as an .html file.
Use Ivitar Software's ClipForm for Microsoft Outlook. This tool, which you can find at http://www.ivitar .com/clipform, can export Outlook data into a variety of formats, including HTML.
Write custom code to create a static .html file. For total control, you can use Outlook automation to loop through all the items in the Contacts folder and build an HTML page from scratch.
Write custom code to show the data dynamically. The CDOLive Web site (http://www.cdolive.com/owacontact .htm and http://www.cdolive.com/ customer info.htm) has samples of this server-side code for Exchange Server 5.x.

of course.. this should work for other version of Office
  • ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many thanks for your time.

By using the Exchange Server to perform what you just mentioned assums that we have control over the Exchange server, right? We used to run our own Exchange server but not anymore. If it requires the Exchange Server administrator to do all of the above then, I doubt the administrator will do that for us. On the other hand, if it doesn't require the administrator then yes. We do use Exchange server 2000, we just don't have any control over it.

ljCharlie
  • SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this program
it's free

http://www.webattack.com/get/outport.html

Quote:
Outport is a program for exporting data from Outlook to various formats, including HTML, text, V-card, Rich Text, Outlook item and others. It offers special support for Evolution users (a Unix/Linux organizer). It can be used to export your data for various uses, including HTML copies of your email (e.g for CD archiving) or to transfer data to other calendar or PIM programs. The interface is easy to use and allows you to select the Outlook items to be included in the export operation and to specify a conversion format for each.
  • SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm this program is'nt good at all ..
i did try it ...

ummm gonna find something else later :)

hehe

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts