Things that bug you

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Come on now, everyone has something(s) that really get to them. I'm writing this because one of mine is:

<b>old women who love to give their advice on everything</b>

This doesn't bother me in itself, it's the fact that they come out with the most simple of comments but then look all smug like they have said the most profound thing in the world, ever. Oh and the fact that it's always the same snippets of "profound" advice, several times a day :roll:

And I get this every day at work and it makes me sit here going crazy :evil:

What really bugs you? Give a rationale if you think it is neccessary, or just list your pet peeves (sp?)

//edit sorry buggered my bold tags.... :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:
Come on now, everyone has something(s) that really get to them. I'm writing this because one of mine is:

<b>old women who love to give their advice on everything<b>

This doesn't bother me in itself, it's the fact that they come out with the most simple of comments but then look all smug like they have said the most profound thing in the world, ever. Oh and the fact that it's always the same snippets of "profound" advice, several times a day :roll:

And I get this every day at work and it makes me sit here going crazy :evil:

What really bugs you? Give a rationale if you think it is neccessary, or just list your pet peeves (sp?)

omg.. Yes I Agree.. My 60yr old mom., step mom like says, You know.. after she visits, brings some food and I supponse to get coffee.. she says 'you know You can put suger in coffee to make it sweet'

GAH.. I WAS SO IRRITATED. she does it to me on all things, you know this, you know that, why dont you buy a car instead of a bike.. cars are faster, etc. GAH
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah. That bugs the hell out of me too.

Another thing that really makes me cross is when someone looks down on you if you are ignorant about some triviality. Example: I was talking with someone at a bar recently and he mentioned this local band. I said I hadn't heard of them and he looked at me like I was a leper. He kept ranting on and on about how he could not believe that I was unaware of this band. and kept nudging his friend, "Can you believe this guy??". Needless to say, I excused myself cursing the lout. :roll:
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant stand backstabbers then they take YOUR copyrighted work!!
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you say copyrighted, do you mean LEGALLy copyrighted work that has gone thru a Legal lawyer bla bla, or you place a copyright symbol?
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

someone's not aware of the copyright laws methinks.

Any intellectual property is protected by copyright. It's not like a patent. You don't have to pay or register or get a lawyer. Copyright is a right. You <b>can</b> further protect stuff by paying for registration or whatever, which is more an aid for <b>enforcing</b> your rights, but not registering does not prevent you from having copyright.

You don't even need a copyright symbol. You just have to make something original and you get copyright by default. Assuming it is original and you haven't violated someone else's copyright in the first place.

//edit, ok in the US apparently you <b>do</b> need the copyright symbol :? but thats all you need:

http://allsands.com/Writing/copyrightregist_rtz_gn.htm
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... 1073791359
http://www.societyofauthors.net/faqs/copyright.html

They're all off the first google page for "copyright my work".

It might be useful to note that ignorance of the law is no defense against prosecution....
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Grandmothers beards!! lol, when my nan was alive she used to kiss me on the cheek and when she did all her stubble used to prick me! That used to really bug me cos it used to burn me!

No offense if your reading nan :shock:

Another thing that annoys me is when silly people make pop up boxes on their sites but you are unable to read parts of the stuff that are inside them as its non resizable!

Feel better now after getting that of my chest lol :)
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

My pet hate is people who think they are god's gift to the world. I think its more common is woman but guys do it too. Its like if you're in a night club there's always girls who think they are absolutely gorgeous and think they are one better than you, its just a thing that emanates from them. - i spot it a mile off... :lol:

Know wot I mean? it's probably just me that gets pi**ed off at that... :P

whos_wee_dug?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... I hate when people piss in non-home bathrooms and get their piss all over the place. And I have to deal with this every day because of college dorming. It's disgusting! Some people just don't know how to clean up after themselves. *shakes head*
  • Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: ChicagoLand, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm bugged by threads about what bugs others... LOL :p
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

where to start.....

when the t.v. upstairs is loud and I am trying to sleep
when my family members are loud.. anytime
when my little brother asks to go on my computer everytime I am not near it.
When people walk really slow... (I don't drive...)
when people stop and socialize in the middle of a busy school hallway.
When people think they are "cool" and independent because they wear some sh*t they see some "punk" band on t.v. wear.
When people think they are right, and will continue to argue even if I have given them more then enough proof they are wrong.
When people are really ignorant...
when people think it's "cool" to do bad in school
When someone mess around with my stuff with out asking.
when someone turns up their bass on their car in a drive-in movie.

That's enough for now.
  • lanacode
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • lanacode

Post 3+ Months Ago

My pet hate,
Hang overs i wish they were never invented. Cold weather. Girls that dont have ankles.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm talking that this girl was studying web design too....she caused some trouble on my old forum and I kicked her out. She then went and redesigned ALL my websites, exact layout and graphics! Copyright symbol on them but the point was it was MY work!! I tried to go through microsoft copyright law but the *itch went and made earlier creation dates on everything therefore looking like I copied HER so I dropped it!
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Miss_Bee wrote:
microsoft copyright law
:? huh?

Yeah, creation dates are never enough to prove copyright - every court in the land would know you can change them without even trying.

@tom the great: lol I can relate to most of them (not the drive in movies though - I don't even think they exist over here.....)
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, no i dont think they do.

Quote:
when my little brother asks to go on my computer everytime I am not near it.

GRRRR my brother does that to and it is so annoying. Always asks to go on the computer when i am doing important stuff!
Now when i leave the room and he is here i take the mouse so he cant use it lol
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

People that think they know every thing. or people that think every one is not as good as them :evil:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Hmm... I hate when people piss in non-home bathrooms and get their piss all over the place. And I have to deal with this every day because of college dorming. It's disgusting! Some people just don't know how to clean up after themselves. *shakes head*

yeah I saw my friend and his girlfriend in the loo. Doors wide open.
not my house though. He was taking a piss but his girlfriend was messing around hugging n staring at his banana over shoulder. They were giggling alot. esp my guy friend- Sickening.

bimbo girlfriend too.

and he didnt manage to pee accurately at all. So his piss was all over the place. That Sucks.

my friend has to clean up his piss later on. :cry:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alan Lastufka wrote:
I'm bugged by threads about what bugs others.

Threads like these are what bugs me. And the direction this thread has
taken is precisely why. It's hardly appropriate any more, so let's stick to
less graphic examples or this thread will be history.
  • ShadowSkills
  • ShadowSkills

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate itchy underwear.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

lanacode wrote:
My pet hate,
Hang overs i wish they were never invented. Cold weather. Girls that dont have ankles.

Girls that dont have ankles? Errr, how do you mean exactly?! :?

whos_wee_dug?
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine would have to be people that untruthful to your face. When you know they are lying and they get deeper and deeper into their muck they stand in.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

My car breaking down in a bad neighborhood and not starting again!!!
This happened last night and is still there!!!! :(
  • 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate ringing phones. Phones drive me crazy.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts