I think I'll have an import... grab me a Bud.

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those who haven't heard already, Belgian brewer InBev just bought out Anheuser-Busch for $52 billion USD.

This means the "great American icon" is now owned by a European company.

I personally could care less since I don't drink Budweiser and the whole "American icon" thing means nothing to me, but a lot of people, especially those in, uhhh, "red" states in the U.S. are furious. I've read comments elsewhere of people swearing off Bud Light in favor of Miller and Coors because of this, lol
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just never really liked bud, it was kind of flavorless. So this has absolutely no emotional impact on me at all and I don't give a hoot either. I saw on the nightly news last night that the teamsters union is even getting all fussy about it and everything.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a european beer called "Budweiser". Alot of bars sell it here as well as the, well, (now) other European owned Budweiser.

Alot of people talk about this Budweiser as being better than the American one, but when i last tried it i wasn't so convinced. But then, i'm also someone that's not a huge fan of Guiness either, yet loads of people love it.

Best beer for me is probably Stella Artois. There were a number of beers in Australia that i loved drinking too, one of them i really got into latterly was a beer made by Fosters called "Pure Blonde". I would love to be able to buy that over here in the UK but so far have not seen any places selling it.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have yet to try an Australian beer that I don't like. Stella, Fosters, Toohey's, and a couple of others -- they're all fantastic.

SB wrote:
But then, i'm also someone that's not a huge fan of Guiness either

:wha:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tooheys is nice. I loved their TV ad's they had.

This one was playing when i was in Oz... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfkh0Oo ... re=related

Why the wha?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't care about the beer soo much since I'm a Corona drinker for the most part, I want to know what they plan to do with Busch Gardens. That place rocks, you just show them your ID and they give you free beer to prepare you for the roller coasters. :D
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont care much for guiness either, or any other dark beers or stouts. I drink coors most of the time, it suits my purpose. My favoritest of all time is Labatts Blue, and its from Canada. I like cider too.

Doesn't drinking beer make you barf before a roller coaster ride?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Doesn't drinking beer make you barf before a roller coaster ride?

I could take a nap on a rollercoaster if they'd keep it going long enough. There's no way I'd ever hurl. :lol:
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Coors = Rocky Mountain Piss Water

I drink Bud Light and I could care less who owns the company.

I prefer Killian's Red though.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yuengling is one of my favorite domestics, although I just recently learned that it's not available everywhere in the U.S. Apparently they're very selective about where they send it for some reason.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a Lager brewed in Scotland called Tennants. I've grown to like that, especially on tap and not in the can. You walk into a bar and ask for a pint and it'll be really nicely chilled.

Really good if you are really thirsty.

Beer tastes really good when you're throat is dry and you've done a hard days labour.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I"m with Grinch

I drink Bud light and as long as they don't changed the taste, I couldn't care less who owns it.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
There is a Lager brewed in Scotland called Tennants. I've grown to like that, especially on tap and not in the can.

In my opinion, every beer tastes better on tap than in a bottle/can.

I'll have to try Tennants. We have this place nearby called Beers of the World. It's essentially a supermarket for beer. They have hundreds of different world beers and the aisles are sorted by country.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Yuengling is one of my favorite domestics...

I agree with that! That's a good drinkable beer. I like Modelo Especial, Corona, Foster's and such. Pretty much any lager with a good clean moderate flavor. If I'm buying the cheap stuff...Miller Lite.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
SB wrote:
There is a Lager brewed in Scotland called Tennants. I've grown to like that, especially on tap and not in the can.

In my opinion, every beer tastes better on tap than in a bottle/can.

I'll have to try Tennants. We have this place nearby called Beers of the World. It's essentially a supermarket for beer. They have hundreds of different world beers and the aisles are sorted by country.

My brother lives just outside Tulsa in Oklahoma and he manages to buy Tennants in a place that does the same as that. So some people do sell it. But like i say, the can is alright but it's miles better on the tap.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im 20 and get slated so badly for loving John Smiths and Guiness lol. bitter is an old mans drink apparently :roll:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my own defense with grinch and joebert, I drink coors because it is cheap and I don't have to go very far to get it since the grocery store is about a half a block away. I can walk over there and get a 6 pack of nice frosty cans, and they are still cold when I get home, and I can pour them in a pre-frosted official Red Hat Linux beer glass and enjoy my cartoons, and it only costs be a hair over 5 bucks. I just never really grew a liking for miller, and bud just didn't tickle my fancy either. I would drink labbatts all the time if it wasn't damn near 10 bucks a six pack, thats highway robbery!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
Im 20 and get slated so badly for loving John Smiths and Guiness lol. bitter is an old mans drink apparently :roll:

Guiness is good for you though, so who cares what people thinks?

A friend of mine in Edinburgh got me into drinking Guiness, but the most i could drink at any one time was a half pint. It also has to be Extra Cold.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I would drink labbatts all the time if it wasn't damn near 10 bucks a six pack, thats highway robbery!

:shock: Holy crap... Labatt is like half that price around here...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

But you're closer to the source, they could practically walk it across the border to you.
  • tEeNpReNuEr
  • tEeNpReNuEr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Though I am more of a tequila girl..I like beer too. Corona, Bud is ok and yeah..as long as they don't change the formula...who cares who signs on the dotted line?

Has anyone tasted San Miguel Beer from the Philippines? Biases aside, I like that the best among beers. :)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here in the northwest there's a lot of microbreweries and I think some of them are quite good. Deschutes Brewery and Rogue Brewery sell nationally I believe so you might have heard of them.

If I'm not in the mood for some of the microbrew stuff or don't feel like spending the 8.75 per six pack I'll go with Miller or Heineken.

I also like the Guiness. I'm a dark beer kinda guy.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB, I bought a 6 pack of Tennants yesterday and had a few last night. It's a little bit lighter than I usually like my beer but I'll admit it was still pretty good. Like you said, definitely a good beer to drink when it's hot and you're thirsty.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much better off the tap as i say. Cans are alright, but i prefer it to be from the tap. You taste the difference...especially when it's ice cold. Mmm.

How much did that cost you Spork?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 6-pack (bottles) was around $9 USD.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That doesn't actually sound too bad. 6 pack of bottles? i'll be honest and say i don't ever recall ever seeing bottles of Tennants over here which is funny considering it's brewed in Scotland. Must be looking at the wrong places.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It appears there are bottles.

http://www.jffick.com/products/tennents.asp
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whoa, they must have their own version overseas then. The labeling on that bottle is very different to what you'd have here.

This is what a typical can of Tennants would look like here...

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't realize this until today, but it turns out that a popular bar about a block from our campus carries Tennants, among their 100+ other beers.

http://www.macgregorsgrillandtaproom.net/beers.asp
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spork I'm going to come crash on your couch for a few days. Days only though, I'll be sleeping off the hang over from the night before.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 41 posts