This Darn Global Warming

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well global warming is at it again.

Our local mountains broke several records for snowfall this year. In places that usually have 9 inches of water (after you melt the snow this is what your left with) has 19 inches. It has snowed in town every day in the last week. The golf course still has snow drifts (usually gone a month or two ago).

Darn Global Warming!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's still freakin hot in Florida.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Isn't it supposed to be hot in Florida? :P
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's always been hot in Florida, we invented global warning to catch everyone else up.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol
That was a good one :P
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Fountain of Youth is just as real also
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its APRIL! Why is it so cold up in the Northwest
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

ITs APRIL! Why is it so cold in Nerbaska?

Today and tonight we are in a winter storm warning and have a 100% chance of snow and high winds. But right now it is floating just above freezing, so all the snow is just turning into moosh on the ground. I just got back from my lunch break and there is about 2 inches of slush cover the entire town. I'm expecting power outages tonight when that stuff freezes and gets heavy on the power lines late tonight.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
so all the snow is just turning into moosh on the ground.

That's "Global Warming" in action.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's April and we've been getting a bit of snow here in Scotland. This time last year we were experiencing the warmest month of 2007. It got colder and wetter after April last year and since then we've not had the same weather. So, this whole global warming thing is a load of crap.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
It's April and we've been getting a bit of snow here in Scotland. This time last year we were experiencing the warmest month of 2007. It got colder and wetter after April last year and since then we've not had the same weather. So, this whole global warming thing is a load of crap.

But that's exactly what global warming does...it causes fluctuations in precipitation and temperature as well.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know, but tomorrow in Pittsburgh going to feel like I'm in Florida. 74 and rain.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have had a lot of snow, And its been pretty cool. To be honest I would rather that weather be cold that to hot.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
To be honest I would rather that weather be cold that to hot.

Me too, around here when it's hot it's also humid. It's not uncommon in the summer for it to be 95 degrees with an 80% humidity. Thats just miserable. At least with the cold you can kind of escape it by going inside or bundling up or something. I'll take a picture of our snow/rain/sleet/slush later and post it just because I feel like. If I don't forget to take a picture that is...
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm tyring to go golfing and fly fishing so.........
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cold or Hot? I know what i'd choose.

I've just been in Australia for 6 months and the weather there was just perfect. Even when it was touching on 40C it didn't feel too bad. It all depends on where you are i guess, if it's too humid then it's a pain in the ass.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait a minute, i think we should worry more on the offshoot effects of global warming and not how we humans should adopt to it. Of course global warming is not just an extended summer days. its all about changing weather patterns that cause global catastrophes, from epidemic and disease outbreaks to food shortage and the dreaded apparent irreversible release of methane from hydrates.

Right now, the effect of global warming is slowly swallowing Asia with the impending rice crises caused by the persistent torrential rains which resulted in flooded plains used to be rice paddies.

Think again. see the bigger picture please.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh, that old classsic - the local weather versus global climate confusion.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I don't know, but tomorrow in Pittsburgh going to feel like I'm in Florida. 74 and rain.

My air conditioner stays at a constant 74 ! :lol:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thayk wrote:
Think again. see the bigger picture please.

But the big picture is a philosophical one. Think back billions and billions of years, the earth was scorching hot. Then it started gradually cooling down, dinosaurs appeared, then wooly mammoths and the ice age. Every thing was frozen. And it warmed up and kept warming up until where we are today. And things will continue to warm up until one day...poof! Things will start cooling down again. It's just a natural cycle and there isn't a thing we can to to stop it, slow it down yes, but not end it completely or reverse it.

Now I will agree with you that humans have contributed to the rapid decline of things, but that is to be expected. All the mathematicians and free thinkers agree that a technological civilization destroys itself. So the smarter we get, the worse off we are. That is why things seem to have changed so rapidly in the last 40 or 50 years from a global climate standpoint. You've got as much computing power in your digital alarm clock today as they did in entire building sized computers back in the 1950s. Thats why we are noticing such a rapid change, in comparison to the million years worth of change back when cave men were around. So in a nut shell, our gluttony for technology and comfort is causing our impending doom, we are destroying ourselves.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts