this is my first post here :-)

• americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

just registered in this forum, i tried to edit my signature....but im not allowed to, is there any requirements ? like 10 posts at least ? or have to be certain period after the registration ?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need a minimum of 150 posts and to have been a member for at least 90 days before you can edit your signature.

announcements-rules/new-signature-and-link-restrictions-t99872.html
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

150 posts ? thats too many.....other forums requires only like 10 or 20....hmmm weird here
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It works for us.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

americanxo wrote:
150 posts ? thats too many.....other forums requires only like 10 or 20....hmmm weird here

Only going to be too much if your sole intention is to leave posts at whatever quality you want with the aim of promoting whatever you can in your signature. 150 posts and 3 months is generally seen as enough to put off members who are here for the wrong reasons. Why should the genuine members who visit this site to learn and educate have to trawl through useless and pointless posts to find the good information? Ever since this was put in place the overall standard of topics and posts has been much better than you'll find on many other websites.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
150 posts and 3 months is generally seen as enough to put off members who are here for the wrong reasons.

Yup. :flipa: Spammers beware! Bigwebmaster takes no prisoners.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

americanxo wrote:
just registered in this forum, i tried to edit my signature....but im not allowed to, is there any requirements ? like 10 posts at least ? or have to be certain period after the registration ?

Also the fact that your first post was about your signature and not asking for some help or helping someone else pretty much supports the limits here at Ozzu.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
americanxo wrote:

Only going to be too much if your sole intention is to leave posts at whatever quality you want with the aim of promoting whatever you can in your signature. 150 posts and 3 months is generally seen as enough to put off members who are here for the wrong reasons. Why should the genuine members who visit this site to learn and educate have to trawl through useless and pointless posts to find the good information? Ever since this was put in place the overall standard of topics and posts has been much better than you'll find on many other websites.

its not bcuz i want to spam, you can search for my id and u will find no spam posts by me. I just want to put a pic there so i can recognize my replies without looking at the IDs or reply contents
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I apologise for making false assumptions on you. I completely understand where you are coming from.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Four posts down, 146 to go! ;) Does ozzu have avatar rules other than the size limits? Maybe you could use a nice custom avatar instead of a pic in your sig.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I apologise for making false assumptions on you. I completely understand where you are coming from.

so where do i come from ?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You misunderstood. I appreciate why you want the signature.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
You misunderstood. I appreciate why you want the signature.

oh....i thought u were really saying that u know where i come from,lol.....and if u want to know, im from Brooklyn.

btw, any limit to upload avatar ?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

no post limit for avatar.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

6:00PM, time to get off work.......6 posts, 144 to go...lol
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

150 posts is not a target. If you are going to post random pointless and irrelevant information just to build up your post count then it will be noticed.

Without trying to sound too harsh, but you have joined this site and left the vast majority of your posts in this topic which was about your inability to create a signature. Your last post has hardly instilled alot of confidence in me for your motives on this site.

I suggest you start looking at ways in which you can benefit the other members of this website if you want other members to take yourself a bit more seriously and for the rest of the moderator team to appreciate your contribution more.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
150 posts is not a target. If you are going to post random pointless and irrelevant information just to build up your post count then it will be noticed.

Without trying to sound too harsh, but you have joined this site and left the vast majority of your posts in this topic which was about your inability to create a signature. Your last post has hardly instilled alot of confidence in me for your motives on this site.

I suggest you start looking at ways in which you can benefit the other members of this website if you want other members to take yourself a bit more seriously and for the rest of the moderator team to appreciate your contribution more.

actually, i came here to learn, because i bought a domain, and i already posted a question about adsense for domain, i can make myself clear here
  • kimgr
  • Born
  • Born
  • kimgr

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
You need a minimum of 150 posts and to have been a member for at least 90 days before you can edit your signature.

announcements-rules/new-signature-and-link-restrictions-t99872.html

thanks, useful
  • Sabryan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sabryan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can understand that it is done for spammers, but to tell the truth it is a very strict rule:-(
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sabryan wrote:
I can understand that it is done for spammers, but to tell the truth it is a very strict rule:-(

it is
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is strict when you have other intentions. When I first joined OZZU, I didn't even know what a signature is for. I just enjoyed reading here and learning.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts