• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

No violence on fuel but there has been many protesting. It's not going to get better soon though. I was hearing that they expect the price for a barrel of oil to reach $250, i think it's around the $130-140 price mark at the moment.

The think that bothers most people in the UK about the cost of petrol is the tax that the government puts on top. I think it's around 54% tax on top which is just ridiculous. Then when you take into consideration for drivers we are also looking at having a massive hike in the cost of general car tax - roughly about 250% the current price.

It's just silly.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is really lame is that around here in Nebraska there literally is an ethanol plant every 20 or 30 miles on most highways. We've got more than you can shake a stick at. But when the nightly news reports that AAA says the national average for a gallon of gas is X dollars, we can always add about25 or 30 cents to that. The reason is because the companies that own these ethanol plants are in other states, and they charge a delivery fee based on distance from their storage depot, so the gasoline goes from the small Nebraska town, to a big tank 500 miles away, then back to the Nebraska town. I hate politicians and business people, they take something simple and complicate it.
  • Unnamed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Price hikes seem to affect every country (except maybe for those who produce petrochemicals) the demonstartions and protest actions are taking place everywhere.... What would be the next, the war for resourses?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, i'm just glad that this is all happening. Governments actually need to realise how much we've relied on Oil resources. Now for the first time in a while there is a real sense of fear that it will be running out soon and what this means is people will have to drastically change their lifestyles.

This price hike is just alerting people that things have to change. People need to look at what they can to cut down on the use of oil and governments need to look at another source rely on.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The oppisition party says that He will reduce the petrol price if he becomes the Prime minister, if he doesn't He'll quit. It is a good advantage for him to make noise/ stir up emotions in the country now in hope he gets the seat.

I wonder what and how is he going to reduce the petrol.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

oil price sucks I had to sell my hot rod z28 and now I have a 4 banger.... :(
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, but I wish it was. Fuel is like $1.58c per litre here, and thats one a good day. Most days its about $1.65c. I wish people would protest and stand against our government for these stupid fuel prices.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand what you mean. I took the motorcycle out for a little road trip yesterday and I was so happy that gas was a dime cheaper there than in my home town. You know what is really cool? I've had that motorcycle exactly one month now, and I have put in less gasoline in the entire month than I do in a single fill up in my jeep. Its freaking awesome!

Why is it that gas stations change there prices several times a day? I can go to work in the morning, and the price will be (for example) $3.87 a gallon, then at mid day it is at $3.91, and in the evening it is $3.85. You know damn well they aren't filling their big underground tanks that often, so why do they change the price like that? We do have one station that will go a week or two at a time with the same price, and quite often they are dramatically cheaper or way more expensive than others. The thing is that they sell the gas based on what they payed for it, it's a little more honest I think.
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its funny you mention how the prices change, over here, our prices do not change daily, they change to suit when people get paid from work. I am serious. Example - Last Wednesday (day I get paid) at 9am in the morning fuel was $1.54 a litre, by about 2pm it was $1.68 I think it was. It drops back down on a Friday. Like what the?

Also with them filling their tanks, they only fill about once a month, BUT I had a friend who used to own a service station (gas station) and they told me each time they filled their underground tanks, it cost them upwards of about $50k, now this was around 7 years ago, which fuel has doubled price since then. I was also talking to someone else who own a small station, and she told me that they make about 2 cents per litre profit, the government get half of it, and the traffic authority which builds roads etc, get 4 cents pre litre. The rest goes to paying for the actual fuel.

Apparently though, the US and Australia have the best fuel prices in the world... I'd hate to see what others are paying. Damn!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, when you do the conversion from liters to gallons (4 liters = 1 gallon) it shows you that us Americans actually have it easy, but I suppose we use a lot more. I fill up my jeep every hundred miles whether it needs it or not, it feels less painful paying $20 more often that it does to pay $100 less often.

Kinda funny, my little road trip I did I went through a little tiny town out in the middle of nowhere, and they have this old falling apart gas station that hasn't been open in years. In fact, I would say that the last time they were open was when gas was $1.62 a gallon, because thats what their sign out front said.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gas costs a big 12 cents per gallon in Venezuela and the weather is nice too.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was a place down in England today charging $3.90USD a litre for unleaded petrol.

At the moment the local petrol stations around here in US Dollars is charging $2.33 a litre. So you guys have it good.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait a finger licking kentucky fried second, $2.33 and $3.90 and liter? Thats over $15 a gallon on the high end, it's not even that bad in the US...yet... So far still the highest I personally have paid is $3.87 a gallon for E10 ethanol which is available at pretty much every single gas station here, it seems to have been hovering around that price for the last month or so. I wonder why they don't make motorcycles that can run on E85 ethanol. I also wonder why you can only get E10 and E85, but not anything in between, its kind of a big split.
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

One service station in Sydney you can buy E85, priced at about $1 per litre. There was a big thing going around telling people not to buy it, because "they risk engine damage" from buying it, which is the biggest load of bull I have ever heard. Its been proven time and time again ethanol is better for your engine, I say good on these service station owners I say! They are taking a stand against the crappy taxes and would have a massive following behind them.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is kinda true that you can damage your engine, they call compatible vehicles flex fuel vehicles. Basically they have stronger fuel pumps and injectors to be able to deliver more fuel. The thing with E85 is that the vehicles that use it don't get as good of gas mileage, so it is a toss up: better gas mileage, or cheaper gas. Kind of like "To be or not to be".

Thats kind of another thing that ticks me off. The few people I know who actually own hybrids always get all fussy saying their car is better for the environment than my jeep because I create more carbon emissions. Well that is a load of crap. We are creating the same amount or carbon emissions, the difference is that they are releasing them slower than I am. But I get the same gas mileage they do on my motorcycle, and I only spent a fifth of the price on it as they did on their hybrids, and I have 5 times more fun driving it. And in the winter, they'll be wishing they had a jeep when there is a thick layer of ice on the road or when the snow plow goes by their house and leaves a big pile of snow at the end of their driveway.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

We also have a lot of increases going on here especially the last few months, the petrol (gas) price has already doubled in one year ... it was at R5, and is now at R10, and is expected to be at R16 at the end of the year ...

*R5 = $0.615 ... per liter
*R10 = $1.23 ... per liter
*R16 = $1.97 ... per liter
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

cycling a bicycle or Riding a motorbike should be a better option to save costs, and avoid traffic jam I suggest.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those are summer activities though, so unless you live in a warm area they are only good for a few months of the year. I will probably ride my motorcycle a bit in the winter, but you gotta remember that if it is 20 degrees fahrenheit and you are traveling 35 or 40 miles an hour, you have to consider that as being well below zero wind chill, which is getting to the point of being dangerous.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The place I live in is "Always Warm". I don't know really how to describe the weather.

Link-1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainforest

Link-2
http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 8&oe=utf-8

Wish there was Winter, Spring, Autumn here. Am I missing out other weather?..Summer.
  • gino76
  • Born
  • Born
  • gino76

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't get me wrong, but it seems your country did not really feels the extended effect of oil price hike. My country is a third world and we rely outside for gasoline.

Oil price here go up weekly during the during the previous months and recently it goes up again. The ironic part here is when oil products go up, every commodities particularly prime commodities go up too.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where are you from, Ms.gino?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts