This just in! Color-blind primates can now dress better!

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

No more mismatched shirt/tie combinations for our hairy counterparts. Scientists have successfully cured color-blindness in two primates. The procedure was highly successful and very safe, meaning that they believe themselves to be well on their way to curing multiple retinal cone diseases in humans. Go team! Now those monkeys can get back to work and stop...I can't. I just can't say it. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551402,00.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Stop Monkeying around was it?

Very poor half-joke :)
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Precisely why I couldn't bring myself to do it. lol Even I have my limits.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow that is great, I know some people who are color blind who would really benefit from this.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been really impressed with advancements in the visual fields these days. Between stem-cell contacts curing legal blindness and now a safe approach to curing color-blindness, doors are really starting to open up. These are the types of things I have expected to see out of the medical field for some time now. We have such awesome technology now-a-days begging to be put to good use!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes I wish I was color blind so I could confidently dress in a way that has chicks flocking to help me out. That's hard to do when you know you look like a goof though.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

More than that, they took mice embryos (who like a lot of mammals only have a blue and green receptor, no red) and spliced the human gene for the red receptor into them, then they did tests with the baby mice to demonstrate that these super new mice could see red (where the normal mouse could not).

I'd really like to see in 11 dimensions, so I could better understand string theory.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The world looks dull and lifeless if seen through a color blind's eye. This is really great! Now, color blinds can enjoy life better.
  • mukesh2702
  • mukesh2702

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow its nice and great to listen,many people get benefited by this,its a great job,carry on
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
More than that, they took mice embryos (who like a lot of mammals only have a blue and green receptor, no red) and spliced the human gene for the red receptor into them, then they did tests with the baby mice to demonstrate that these super new mice could see red (where the normal mouse could not).

I'd really like to see in 11 dimensions, so I could better understand string theory.

*wantz to see in 11 dimensions too*

I have a close friend who is color blind, (deuteranopia - can't tell apart red and green) and when I first found out I was going crazy trying to figure out how he actually sees things... so I'd ask him millions of questions holding up two things and asking 'does this look significantly different to this? How about this?' I think he was going mental with me for a while. But I did finally get a clear picture I think.... it's deceptive when you say 'red/green', because one imagines everything else works more or less. But of course anything that has red or green in it also gets messed up..... so basically only yellow and blue really work as they should - as soon as you move away from primary shades, you start slipping again. All purples and pinks are actually blue, turquoise and stuff like that comes out brown, most reds and oranges and greens turn out brown... basically it's all blues and browns/yellows. Nothing else. It was funny when he said, 'I always wondered growing up, why are there so many words for the color blue?!??!' :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts