Tickets

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*dM doing a little happy dance

I love the internet. i just secured my tickets to see Aerosmith and Cheap Trick. Wooohoooo!!! Floor seats, stage right.

Tickets went on sale at 10am. I had mine purchased as the clock hit 10:02.

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

heehee! Good for you. Of course you won't have any eardrums left after the concert, but what the heck! That should be a great concert.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

when is the concert
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah!

I saw Aerosmith like 5 years ago in Virginia. And about 12 years ago in Paris. They're GREAT live.

If you've not seen them before, you'll seriously love it. If you have seen 'em before, then you know this already :)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The concert is April,7. My wife and I haven't been to a concert in years. I've seen Aerosmith twice and Cheap Trick twice. I can't wait.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who used to have to camp out in line for good tickets. Now I can just sit at my kitchen table, suck down my coffee, and hit 'refresh' until the ticket office opens.

I'm telling you, this dang ol internet thing is going to catch on one day. You mark my words.

:lol:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

lmao, yeah it's great huh? My Aerosmith@Virginia tickets I just ordered online. The Gn'R concerts I had to actually use the phone ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow they are still alive :lol:
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

gnr still tour? Is it just axl right now?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gn'R toured til the end of '02 I think it was.. They were supposed to be playin' a gig here in Florida.. Orlando or West Palm maybe, can't remember exactly. Anyways, the night before that show here (which I had originally planned to go to) they cancelled the rest of the tour, and they ain't been live since..

It's not Guns as it once was. The only original member still in it is Axl, I believe Dizzy is still hangin' around, but can't remember for sure. Slash has gone off to do Snakepit (and I think another band since then too - Snakepit toured with AC/DC a coupla years ago), Duff's doin' his own thing too, Gilby's got his own band, Izzy had his Juju Hounds since a LONG time ago, I got no idea who Matt Sorum's with these days (if any group), and I've not heard anything about Steven Adler since he last hit the crack pipe, lol.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh i used to love gnr. how sad i actually though it was possible that i would meet him and he would fall in love with me and we would get married and have little axl's and axettes hehe :lol:

you guys are so lucky to get these guys touring all the time over there aerosmith etc. we have to wait ages for them to come out here!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

After I saw Guns N' Roses in Manchester, I found out 2 days after the concert that I could've actually gotten press passes through a contact of my dad's. Been on stage taking photos, go backstage n' meet the band, etc..

I was just so sick after I found that out.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw g-n-r with metallica and faith no more in a stadium concert. that was nice.

I think that was after their original drummer had left. while "use your illusion" was still new.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it was the Use Your Illusion tour, and I think the Get In The Ring tour when I saw 'em... Actually I saw 'em on both legs of that tour...

In '91 it was Guns N' Roses, Skid Row & Nine Inch Nails at Wembley...

In '92 it was Guns N' Roses, Faith No More & Soundgarden at Manchester & Wembley. Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith & Lenny Kravitz in Paris.

In '93 it as Guns N' Roses, Soul Asylum, Blind Melon & The Cult at Milton Keynes (twice - 2 nights in a row).

'95 was Slash's Snakepit in Finland...

I went to see AC/DC at the end of '00. Only reason I went was cuz I heard Slash's Snakepit was touring with them on the US leg of the tour. Turns out Snakepit didn't make it over to the UK with 'em. I can't remember the name of the band that did play before 'em. They weren't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed. I'd already seen AC/DC in '91 at Monsters of Rock at Donington (AC/DC, Metallica, Motley Crue, Queensryche & The Black Crowes), so I wouldn't have been too bothered to have missed that.

Basically, the AC/DC gig was a birthday present from my dad. He asked me whether I'd like to go see AC/DC or Iron Maiden - and it was a bit of a non-question, because he'd already decided on AC/DC, lol. Which I was cool with, because I'd heard Snakepit was touring - even though they ended up not making it to the UK. Knowing that now, I'd rather have gone to see Iron Maiden in '00, but I've seen Maiden before too at Monsters of Rock, Donington, in '92 (Iron Maiden, Slayer, WASP, Skid Row, Thunder & The Almighty).

But yeah, going to see bands live rules, heh.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Axe, I got one question. How do you remember all this stuff?!? Seriously, I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner last night.

:P
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had....

some type of chicken pasta type salad thing
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

dM: Obsession ;)

The first few years, those things stick out in your mind. There's actually about another 40 gigs since '91 that I can't remember unless I sit n' really think about it, and I had to hit Google to find out whether the Snakepit gig was in '94 or '95, I couldn't remember exactly.

Ooh, lemme think, '98 was when I saw Aerosmith in Virginia. And I can't remember if it was 2 weeks after or 2 weeks before, I saw Ziggy Marley in Maryland.

Basically, it was one gig, then a week later my birthday, and a week later the other gig. I was kinda drunk all the way through those 2 weeks, so the order of events isn't exactly clear :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only saw gnr once it was the lamest venue ever. i remember it was like 40C and they were charging 5 bucks for water which back then was insane. the facilities were the worst ever (they held it at the drag racing arena called calder park). it was stinkin hot all day (almost everyone got there at like 7am in the morning) and it didnt start till late at night - then it rained all night long and was so hot. man what a bummer! but hey i still loved it :lol:
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So to wrap up this thread, the concert was this past wednesday(today is friday), and it kicked!!! I could have reached out and touched Steve Tyler at some points. Great show.

I even bought one of the $40 t-shirts. Geeeeeez!!! I remeber when you went to concerts and got your t-shirt for $10 - $12. Oh well, I'm old and I can afford it. ha!

I'm contemplating going to see VanHalen w/ Sammy next. :scratchhead:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts