Top Google AdSense Earners

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://sensiblegoogleadsense.blogspot.c ... rners.html

I can't believe the #8 guy, only makes $10G a month.

When it was really big, my site www.rentyourdot.com was making $1000 a day ($500 for me, and $500 for my customers) and that would put me in the top #7 of AdSense earners? No way. There HAVE to be at least 100 guys bigger than me...

And this article is from 2009! It was 2006 that I was raking it in...I can't imagine I was in the top 10.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

where did the writer get the information from? its not a reputable source to say the least.

Sounds like you were making a nice amount of cash from advertising on rentyourdot, congrats, could I ask though, how much traffic did you find yourself needing to make anywhere near that amount?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the years I find adsense almost 100% consistant at 1 cent per visitor. Some people click, some don't. Lower click thru ads pay more money, while higher click thru ads pay less. For every 25 visitors that don't click an ad, the one that does pays 25 cents, and it averages 1 cent per visitor.

I had about 90,000 visitors a day to make that. I never quite hit the 100,000 visitor a day mark. Hmmm..I think that means I have a new goal.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is very good visitors a day.. how did you get it to that ? any advice on things that you done to get it to that ?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

genux wrote:
that is very good visitors a day.. how did you get it to that ? any advice on things that you done to get it to that ?

My best advice given to me was "Figure out where your money comes from". If you are making $8 a month from thing A, and $2 a month from thing B, do more of thing A. In my case, I had 10,000 pages of garbage that was making more money than my main website. So I just make 25 million pages of garbage.

Google says it likes "quality websites" but in reality, Google says "f** you" to good websites and rewards the garbage websites with traffic. Since garbage was bringing in cash, I made "professional" garbage and rented domains to put it on. That day rentyourdot.com was born.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers body dot

so sounds like the content amount really is king then, I suppose the content amount and also the content itself is really the bes thing of all

Bodydot did you use any curl scripts to pull information from sites or did you write loads of pages ?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The phrase "One mans trash is another mans treasure." doesn't sound so nasty when you imagine picking through web pages instead of garbage cans.

I think the key is finding a middle ground between having what people are looking for, and not having some key element which makes the advertisements on your pages more attractive.

In Johns case that means his "garbage" has what the visitor wants which is whatever they're searching for, but it lacks what they need which is the answer to their question in terms they don't know to look for yet.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

genux wrote:
Cheers body dot

so sounds like the content amount really is king then, I suppose the content amount and also the content itself is really the bes thing of all

Bodydot did you use any curl scripts to pull information from sites or did you write loads of pages ?

I actually had two PC's at home, using a C++ program scanning the internet for articles 24/7, wallpapers, pictures, and minigames. It would categorize them, MD5 them for fast lookup, then scramble them so they were unique, but still had the same keywords as the original.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy crap, $140,000 a month for the one guy? Even $10,000 a month is 3 times what I make working a desk job. My stupid blogamabob that nobody reads I have adsense on, nobody ever clicks my links and I think in all time in the year or so since I added that I've made a couple dollars. Not even enough for google to send me a check.....
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Holy crap, $140,000 a month for the one guy? Even $10,000 a month is 3 times what I make working a desk job. My stupid blogamabob that nobody reads I have adsense on, nobody ever clicks my links and I think in all time in the year or so since I added that I've made a couple dollars. Not even enough for google to send me a check.....

Traffic is key. 10,000 visitors a day will free you from your desk job for the summer (about $3,000 a month?). 50,000 visitors a day will free you from working forever. (1 cent per visitor = $500 a day * 31 = $15,000 a month)

Don't build websites. Build engines that build websites.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice idea.. and also post.. I am going to write a engine to build a site/s to gain the freedom to not need to goto work :).

thanks body dot..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts