#6 Dallas-FT. Worth, TX
#5 San Francisco-Oakland, CA
#4 Houston, TX
#3 Atlanta, GA
#2 Washington, DC
#1 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA

According to:
http://www.weather.com/activities/drivi ... affic.html
(nice pictures. -- I've been in most of these cities and have to agree with the listings)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I havn't been to Detroit of San Jose yet. Once you make it to the top 10 on this list I don't think it matters anymore.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went through Atlanta on family vacation during the Olympics in the 90s and it was a nightmare. I fell asleep in the back of the van after we'd been stuck in traffic for awhile, and when I woke up awhile later we were still stuck in traffic in Atlanta!

Orlando is insane. I've met a fair number of people who drive from the Tampa Bay area to Orlando every day for work. Apparently we're getting a high speed rail through Florida one of these days.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm quite interested to seeing what the list looks like for the UK. I would imagine my current location of Aberdeen is quite high up for congestion...however it's nowhere near as populated as the likes of London, Birmingham or Glasgow.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been to DC and Atlanta but wasn't old enough to drive, when you are young and from a small Nebraska town all big cities seem to have busy traffic. Missoula is a small town compared to the ones on this list but I think their traffic is pretty bad, but thats just because the city kind of grew too big for its britches kind of fast and the roads never really caught up. There really are only 3 or 4 main roads in town that everyone drives on and they are all kind of in the "city center" so it is always busy. Last year we got stuck for quite a while in traffic in the middle of Missoula because there was a 4 car accident about 10 miles south outside of town on the highway.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've driven in D.C. I never want to do it again.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you been watching the Daily Show this week? They're in DC and they have a joke going on about how none of the roads are straight or parallel to other roads and how two roads might be on totally opposite ends of town but have the same name and stuff.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to be in D.C. this weekend for the Stewart/Colbert rally; thank god for the metro.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
thank god for the metro.

You might want to think about what you just typed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11610328
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree with the idea that we should stop using public transportation and other various infrastructure as a result of terrorism.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yeah, i totally agree.

I had just read your quoted post barely 5 minutes before i had even heard about the story i linked to you. I was surprised at the strange coincidence.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, compared to the T in Boston and NYC's subway, the metro is awesome, at least in my experience.

But I've gone off-topic, my apologies.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the metro. It's about the only "sane" way to travel through DC. I've driven the freeways and it's taken me as long as an hour and a half to go fifteen miles. In my opinion though out of all those cities listed, Houston has got to be the worst. Unless it's changed since I lived there, I nearly refused to drive in rush hour. I'd get home faster if I stopped at a bar, grabbed a couple beers and waited an hour before getting on the freeways.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I disagree with the idea that we should stop using public transportation and other various infrastructure as a result of terrorism.

As do I, because if we stopped doing things that are threatened then that means that they have won. Terrorism is terror, they are trying to frighten us into not living normal lives.

And I'm jealous because I don't get to go to the rally. It must be nice to just uppin' do stuff on a whim like that.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
And I'm jealous because I don't get to go to the rally. It must be nice to just uppin' do stuff on a whim like that.

lol, this is the first time in my life I've had the time and money to be able to do so, but yes, it is nice :)

Also, I've been working 12-hour days and weekends for that last couple of weeks, so it will be a welcomed break.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts