• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know of any pay per click banners off the top of my head but you might want to try google adsense. One thing I know about most per click sponsors is that if you "beg for clicks" which means like ask people to click to help you make money or whatever they wont pay you. Usually its against their tems of service. Also most of them have some sort of signup ratio. So they will only pay you 2 cents per click if you generate 1 signup every 2000 clicks or whatever their ratio is. Otherwise they wont pay you.

assneck
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is your site? If you're getting a lot of page views, as well as unique visitors then it might be better just contacting potential advertisers directly and simply sell banner space direct on your site.

I've made more money (although still not a lot) just selling space for 2 banners on my site for 3 months than I ever did on those pay-per-click or pay-per-impression ad schemes.
  • ELL
  • Born
  • Born
  • ELL

Post 3+ Months Ago

--
  • luchtzak
  • Student
  • Student
  • luchtzak

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about the advertising offered by Google via Google Adsense ? http://www.google.com/adsense for that .

greetz,

Bart
  • ELL
  • Born
  • Born
  • ELL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I'm awaiting their approval. They need to check my site, and see if it meets their requirements.

ELL
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Completely off topic but you look really really familiar....
  • ELL
  • Born
  • Born
  • ELL

Post 3+ Months Ago

--
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

next he'll ask you if you come here often ;)

lol, sorry Brandon, couldn't resist, heh :twisted:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you come here often?

errr

Some one from my school I think. I don't know for sure...just one of those "hey I know you" feelings ;)
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

first, you won't make any money with clickme ads. a friend of mine who had a site online for 4 years made a grand total of $60 and that was because someone actually clicked on one of the web hosting ads and purchased some web hosting.

i use my linux proxy to block ads and sometimes i get annoyed and add sites to block like *insurance* sites :shock:

most people don't spend any money online or either don't have any money - an example is a guy in the linux forum downloading redhat over a dialup when he could purchase the cd's for a few bucks!

however, there are a lot of suckers out there with money to burn, but they are few and far between. most of them think they can make money online by putting up a webpage and a bunch of ads, popups, etc. a lot of these people are also spammers sitting at home trying to make money without doing any actual work or getting a job. maybe they live off their wife or their grandmother feeds them, idonno...

second, how do you know that visitors even see the ads? many use squid proxy server with adzap and it is very effective in blocking ads, images, and even access to whole sites!

banners and ads are mostly a waste of time. if you want to make a little money try setting up some links to books and stuff related to your site on amazon.com. users with the same interest as you may even buy something. goto amazon.com and signup, create some links to specific merchandise and put it on your site. but then again, i have had no success (yet) with any of these types of ads. either they lied and don't pay or nobody actually bought anything.

one webmaster who has his own online store and a very good website with many visitors said, "i am my own best customer" meaning he was the only one who ever purchased anything on his online store. the store was an affiliate type business linked through his site with thousands of products! still nobody bought anything.

applications like phpnuke and other php apps have an amazon module or block built in so you can quickly add links and images to your website.

example, you read a book - you like the book - you tell all your friends on your website about the book and write a short review and setup links with your amazon member code in the link. if they click on the link and purchase the item, you get paid. do the same for other stuff like DVD movies, etc. but you will definately spend more on books and DVD's than you make off your links - but it's a fun idea right? try putting links to stuff "you" actually want to purchase, it's a good reference anyway incase you decide to buy the product!

if you created that site, you may make more money developing websites for others than you ever would from webpage ads. you have something i never had, artistic abilities. you may even be able to create logos for other people's websites and they will pay you directly!!!

good luck making money online :cry:

scarecrow
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
next he'll ask you if you come here often ;)

lol, sorry Brandon, couldn't resist, heh :twisted:

he used the oldest pickup line in the book. let's see if it works :oops:

scarecrow

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts