Tornadoes in TN

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, my family and I were fortunately not hit, like so many of the others in our area. I live in Murfreesboro, TN. We got hit with massive storms and at least 2 (up to 4) tornadoes this afternoon. Several dozens of homes have been destroyed just a few miles north of where I live, and just a half-mile from where we're currently building a house.

If you look at this map here, you'll see just how far the damage stretches. Most every lot touched was residential throughout the path. If you're a religious person, pray for my city - more than 40 injured, at least 2 confirmed dead (mother and infant), and many, many families without homes tonight.

If you'd like to see a bit more about the storms, they've got good coverage here.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, that is crazy. I heard about the storms earlier today while at the airport. Were you able to see any of the tornadoes? That is really sad for all of the families affected.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, I did see the largest funnel form up and descend. You could tell when it touched down because what I guess was debris looked like a dust cloud that flew up all around it. I didn't stick around outside much after that though. It was a good distance away, but i was afraid it wasn't alone.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's now a more official update on the home count. At least 100 were completely destroyed and another 150 took damage.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a little unusual for your area isn't it? I know in PA we have had them in the past but it's probably been a good 20 years since we had a big one.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's been several years since Murfreesboro has been hit by anything like this, but just last week there were smaller-scale tornadoes and accompanying storms that hit just 15-20 miles West of here.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never good to hear about tornadoes especially when homes are being destroyed and people being killed as a result of them.

I guess because i've never seen a tornado i always found it really interesting to see them and hear about them. I'd really like to take part in one of those storm chases they do in America just so i can see one.

I know tornados happen all year round, but is Tornado season not generally when all the big ones come about? I know my bro once had to flee his home with his wife and son when they experienced some tornados in Oklahoma a few months ago.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG how tragic.Don't worry I'll be including the victims in my prayers.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Never good to hear about tornadoes especially when homes are being destroyed and people being killed as a result of them.

I guess because i've never seen a tornado i always found it really interesting to see them and hear about them. I'd really like to take part in one of those storm chases they do in America just so i can see one.

I know tornados happen all year round, but is Tornado season not generally when all the big ones come about? I know my bro once had to flee his home with his wife and son when they experienced some tornados in Oklahoma a few months ago.

Apparently you are more likely to witness a tornado living in britain than tornado alley, but thats based on regions of high density population. The ones here are insignificant anyway

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts