Tough Mudder

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the last few days i've started focusing heavily on fitness and becoming physically tougher as for years i've done it half heartedly. In order to ensure i start taking it a bit more seriously i am over the next couple of days going to register to take part in the UK Tough Mudder 2012 event based in Dumfriesshire, Scotland.

Now, i could just explain to you what "Tough Mudder" is here, but i think a video would give you a better idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jjvVEovZVY

The event was designed by the British Special Forces. I had a look at the expected fitness levels and my jaw dropped...

Tough Mudder website wrote:
How fit do you need to be? First, complete slackers need not apply. Basically, you should be in good physical condition. At a minimum, we recommend that you are running regularly (3-4 times a week), work up to at least runs of 5-7 miles, be able to do 15-25 push-ups in a row, be able to bang out 6 pull-ups in a row (especially the guys), and be able to swim 50 yards without stopping (although you can skip the water obstacles).

Anyone else interested in taking part in any of the events? they have a load of them in America plus events in Japan, Australia, Canada and the UK.

Tough Mudder Website
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like it would be a lot of fun... Good Luck!
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like a more insane version of Warrior Dash :lol:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been thinking of doing a Tough Mudder for a while too. The other tough races on my bucket list is the Texas Water Safari and the Iron Butt Rally.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts