Treasure Chest

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a joke (and for fun) and because I didn't know what to do in my shop class this year I decided to create a Treasure Chest with a false bottom (or a secret compartment). I got a few ideas on the false bottom but I'm not really sure on how to do it.

Any one got ideas? What I was thinking was make something like a matryoshka and have some space at the bottom of the inside box and hide the seem (I also got some ideas for that as well).

I'm not sure that's the best way though... I might want to try to create something like the bottom opens like a door laid on it's side and hide the release button or something.

Any ideas from any of you? Or maybe some "joke" add-ons?

I'm thinking of decorating it a bit... would a Pirate's head look good? Or what do you suggest?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Watch the National Treasure movies. You should have some locking mechanism.

btw: I sucked at shop class. :)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had wonderful treasure boxes with secret compartments that opened simply by sliding a piece of wood to one side... the piece was so perfectly polished and so in line with the rest of the box that there was no way you could see or feel where the seam was - you just had to know it was there.... or give it little pushes here and there and see where it gives. But I'm afraid I could hardly give you any instructions in terms of making one.....
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
I had wonderful treasure boxes with secret compartments that opened simply by sliding a piece of wood to one side... the piece was so perfectly polished and so in line with the rest of the box that there was no way you could see or feel where the seam was - you just had to know it was there.... or give it little pushes here and there and see where it gives. But I'm afraid I could hardly give you any instructions in terms of making one.....

I would like to get something like that... but the bottom opens like a mouth after you press a secret button... that will be hidden somewhere. I already have a great idea for that if I get to do that.

Have you created that chest? Or did you buy it?

@dM: I don't have T.V. Is there something online for that? I'll search for that but maybe you know something better/good/something that you recommend.

Thanks guys. Any more ideas would be awesome!
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, I bought it in bangladesh. terribly pretty thing, all intricately carved etc :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
no, I bought it in bangladesh. terribly pretty thing, all intricately carved etc :D

oh cool.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Done :)

Given, there is no false bottom to this, as I have dropped that idea because I didn't really need one :lol: but here's the whole box I finished about a week ago :lol: took me a while to build that thing that cost me $130...

Build it with a decorative lock, and put some red at the top :lol: (Padua).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts