Is it true that every guy only loves one girl in his life

• thachi
  • thachi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I learned the other day from the Internet that every guy only loves one girl in his whole life. Guys may say “I LOVE YOU” to thousands of girls, but they are nothing like girls. Guys always want to know how is everything going with their ex-girlfriends and want to do them a favor or take care of them.
What I am trying to express is when a fancy couple break up, the girl will date other guys soon and compare her exs with her present date. Especially she will exaggerat the ex's weakness and the present one's advantage. Gradually, she will forget how much she loved her exs and move on to another relationship.

But guys are so different. They will think about the girl that he was in love with and maybe he will treat many other girls really well as a husband or boyfriend but deep deep down in his heart, he always wants to take care of the very special girl he had been with.

Do you think so? Have you ever been with a guy who misses his ex all the time or a girl who you cannot forget and wants to look after her and wondering if she is doing great.
Oh, for what’s worth, this is just personal idea. Maybe it's not an universal acknowledgement, but welcome to share your opinion!
But I do agree that every guy has someone really special at the bottom of his heart who he thinks about all the time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it was 3...and one was supposed to be your mom :-/
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't answer for every guy, but I'll personally say that I've experienced a few different types of love:

1. First love (puppy love) - it felt real, but you know now looking back on life that it never would have survived what you've been through)
2. First serious relationship
3. The eternal tease
4. The high school sweetheart (which turned into wife for me)

I'm betting that the chances of one girl *really* satisfying all of these is low. That means more than one person, so I'm with the 'false' crowd.

That being said, loving someone and being able to spend your life with them are different matters in my book. My marriage works because we love each other, we understand each other, and we're friends. Every couple fights, so of course we do, too, but we know how to communicate and work it out - and we make a point to do so. That's something I've only ever experienced once, so perhaps this is the only true love - that would mean one love, one person, so then I'd be with the 'true' crowd. heh

Decision time -

Final Answer: 'False'. I haven't been married long, but we've been together for 8 years - including some high school and some college years (long distance for 3 years). I guess I lucked out and just chose the right love. She's great to me and I'm happy with her, but there was a time before her - a time with other people and other women in it.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
I thought it was 3...and one was supposed to be your mom :-/

Funny. I thought over my own list and realized that this holds true for me. My mom counts as one. My wife obviously a second. There was just one girl who was the rest to me, so yeah, three for me.
  • Michael william
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Michael william

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, it is true that every guy only loves one girl in his life...she was supposed to be your mom.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yikes - Oedipus complex.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need more than one. Hell, I need more than three (mom, wife and the one that got away) if you count Tina Fey, Cate Blanchette and some others. :twisted:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It isn't true. If you want to know why come back and post again asking me why and I'll answer.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Romantic love is grotesquely over-rated.

If you haven't grown out of it after adolescence, chances are you really have failed to separate yourself from your mom completely. Subconscious memories of nursing are the fundamental root of "romantic" feelings.

So whether it's one or four or thirteen such attachments, the sooner you shed the cocoon and forget this BS the happier you will be. Or get yourself a pacifier.

:mrgreen:
  • Shenal Perera
  • Born
  • Born
  • Shenal Perera

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya man Thachi z ryt.... every guy only loves one girl in his whole life. Guys may say "i luv u" to thousands of girls. also someday they will marry. BUT they will always think about their ex-girlfriend.

For girls it's a different story hey r happy with what they get. they wnt think about their ex-boyfriend.......
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

thachi wrote:
I learned the other day from the Internet that every guy only loves one girl in his whole life. Guys may say “I LOVE YOU” to thousands of girls, but they are nothing like girls. Guys always want to know how is everything going with their ex-girlfriends and want to do them a favor or take care of them.
What I am trying to express is when a fancy couple break up, the girl will date other guys soon and compare her exs with her present date. Especially she will exaggerat the ex's weakness and the present one's advantage. Gradually, she will forget how much she loved her exs and move on to another relationship.

But guys are so different. They will think about the girl that he was in love with and maybe he will treat many other girls really well as a husband or boyfriend but deep deep down in his heart, he always wants to take care of the very special girl he had been with.

Do you think so? Have you ever been with a guy who misses his ex all the time or a girl who you cannot forget and wants to look after her and wondering if she is doing great.
Oh, for what’s worth, this is just personal idea. Maybe it's not an universal acknowledgement, but welcome to share your opinion!
But I do agree that every guy has someone really special at the bottom of his heart who he thinks about all the time.

First, you have to understand what Love is.

E.g. About you yourself, ..(socially OK)...?

Lust and Love .. they're different.

Does someone you love, you're also passionate about? (Agape, Ero and Philia)

Feeling pity isn't really Love, although I believe it is a form of Love as well, control that will ya? :)

Spiritually strong, good for you and your partner..

You can love all your friends, but you just don't use that word when we write or speak. That is called philia love (friends)..

Don't love someone just because someone truly loves you and have all these elements, be truthful because they are gonna end up hurt to know you just want to be friends... (something like no apology course - for new daters) I heard of that course not sure if it works..

Trust in God..

*That's all I'd say now. Take care, don't think question like this "your topic". Love your neighbour, and learn to love your enemy as well. It's hard I know but the reward is Kingdom of Heaven.

BTW, Why Job suffered so much although he had been righteous? God said to him, it's not enough, you have to be Perfect !

Know, I think this (the story Chapter JOB in Bible) is exceptionally true if you're someone who's established, have properties, people waiting for you to feed..popular. God doesn't want you to abuse your power, so Are we strong enough to take it? it depends but God still loves you. Job repented, he gave back even more to his staff and et cetera. His children were restored, wealth, wife unharmed although she had criticised God, cuz Job asked for forgiveness and most importantly repented.

N.B. Sad fact, nowadays people are so loaded, bombarded, lambasted with media, romantic movies, pop icons - song lyrics about what Love is, illusion, sex and sort like that, without a clear definition of what the meaning of Love.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

BTW, thaci. Google search "Abused men". What you learned from the Internet, you may also want to learn more about Abused Men.

Most of the time, children go to their mother even though if the particular mother is abusive, emotionally. The father is really lost, while children being held in custody 40/60 for a year. The mother doesn't want to meet the husband, it's going to be really painful for the father cuz he misses his children so much. If he is not rich to hire a lawyer, he has to represent himself in the court to fight for his custody for his children.

A lot of abused men do not go to police because it's a shame being not manly. Some I'd heard losing their teeth, bitten, had scars in their chests. In addition, Emotionally abused is as harmful as physically abused.

Well, I'm standing up for the less fortunate men here!

Please understand, I also truly stand up for every woman/girl, in any way I possibly can do in any way I can.
  • Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

In present you can think that there is only one girl for you for which u can stand for entire life, But Time my dear friend, it will slowly drain away love poison inside you and u will stand again , rock solid till you next hart Collapse.

So My Answer: False :)

But one thing i accept, Guys did care much :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts