Twitter's got big news...or does it?

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Twitter CEO Evan Williams is currently in Boston, MA on business. Why is that location so important? Well, Boston is home to their largest investor, Spark Capital - to the tune of a cool $15 mil. last year. Early this morning, Evan twittered a hint that something's on the horizon for his all-the-rage application. "Tomorrow just became a very big day. (Sorry for the teaser--more later.)", stated Williams. Is Twitter on the verge of something exciting? Maybe servers finally capable of supporting the load that's been thrown at them? Guess we'll have to wait and see...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

False alarm! Kinda funny actually, bloggers are saying Williams got excited just because Oprah will begin twittering tomorrow. Oh well! Guess it is good news for the app, and she has already flexed her muscle by leading thousands to the Kindle.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oprah too huh ?

There was a piece on CNN News today asking people to subscribe to their Twitter feed so they could beat Ashton Kutcher to 1 million subscribers.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that, too. I don't particularly care for Kutcher, so I'm rooting for CNN. :)

At current, its CNN 976,842 and AK 973,482.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got bored of twitter after one day of being on the site. Initially i wasn't keen on it because it took me an age to find a username that had some sort of relevance to me. Then when i did eventually start twittering i found the site had next to nothing you could do on it and when you did it took an age for it to do anything. It is way too slow.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, you raise a good point, they definitely need to keep working on their servers. Probably wouldn't hurt to reconsider their backend system components, too.

In their defense, they did get wildly popular practically over night.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It was the millions of people with unlimited text message plans and nobody to talk to.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Watch out for these guys the next time you consider tweeting something useless, that is if you can actually see the deck and not the whale. Arg new Twitter servers would be big news.
  • Linda_w
  • Born
  • Born
  • Linda_w

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It was the millions of people with unlimited text message plans and nobody to talk to.

yeah the matter that really bothers me is - "nobody to talk to",,,,it really looks like U speak to yourself on Twitter :puppydogeyes: :theyareontome:

and if you try to follow many, in order for you to be interesting, you get lost in millions of Tweets :dance2:
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't understand why so many people are endorsing it like news sites and celebrities. I guess it's our love affair with the celebreality in this country.
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

To me, twitter helps to promote your news and also spread our company name among other twitter users. But I too believe it needs some sort of improvement to make it more interesting to its visitors.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

if anyone is intrested the NOW show (a radio show) has some funny songs about twitter! link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgt7
  • Vatson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

tastysite wrote:
if anyone is intrested the NOW show (a radio show) has some funny songs about twitter! link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgt7

ha!
thanks tastysite, i like thid song. really fanny =)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts