Twitter

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I discovered tonight that a friend of mine has a very famous American singer following him on Twitter. This has confused many of us because he isn't one that tweets to her, yet she has just today started to follow him.

If you are a Twitter user, who is the most famous person that follows you?
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to go check this - I don't have any really famous "people," though Jimmy Eat World follows me...

...I think it's mostly a symptom of the "follow me I follow you" system many Twitter users - "marketing-type" accounts included - seem to use. I'm not personally sure I get the point, but it's nice to pretend that a few bands I like and some of my favourite brands of Vodka actually care deeply about me.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I have Jonsi from Sigur Ros following me... but that was because i started following him.

I agree with what you say though. In the story above this well known singer (verified acc) has 14 million followers, yet she has chosen him amongst the half million she is following. It means nothing, and half a million follows is still quite an amount. It is just strange seeing that though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts