upload and hotlink a pic

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

What would happen is that you when you try to post your image on Ozzu, by linking right to your computer, many people who view the forum would then be accessing your computer to load that descent sized graphic. Now if enough people do it at once it will likely take all your connection you got, and it will make the post load really slow and sluggish which I do not want on Ozzu.

Secondly since your IP changes all the time, the hotlinked picture probably would only link right for a few hours and then it would simply load as a red X. If you want to show you desktop picture you will need to find a dedicated server which has a good connection, has the same IP all the time, and is always online.

Your computer is the exact opposite and if you even try to hotlink to your computer I will delete your post. Sorry.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

all of this, literally, to post his desktop.

*in the voice of ace ventura*
obsess much?!
  • Steen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

no comment!
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats not your IP..that name is associated with your nic (127.0.0.1) internally...for anyone to reach you from the outside you need the IP (123.123.123.123) for anyone to access your server...apparently you can use route -n to get it (found that on google btw...used to unix :)) then let us know what it is and someone MAY be able to connect to it provided you have it set up right
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, Where can i find my IP address from? and everything i need? I don't even know do i have it setup right. I just wanted to do test by hotlink on another site besides here. If i did that. Who ever wants to look at my pic. They can look at it where ever i have it. How do i connect? I don't understand what i have to do. This is driveing me insane. I'm going in Unix room. I be back when someone has an answer for me
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

dude...i just told you how to find your IP in my other post.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude, screw this post. I'm done. Why i'm done?? because i'm so lost right now.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to focus on beginner topics anyway. You are jumping into advanced stuff, and you still do not have the beginner topics down straight. So of course you are lost, you are way ahead of your self. Slow down and buy a good book to give you a nice foundation.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have any beginner sites? I was plan on going to a bookstore for a certain book. base on Redhat commands. I was really not plan on getting Apache or unless you have a beginner site. I know i'm way ahead of myself. I do that all the time. Maybe if you have a beginner site then i will just use that until the next time i go to a bookstore. I was plan on going Tuesday base on Redhat commands.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing left to discuss - original questions answered - topic closed

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 70 posts