Usefull Opera 11 Extensions

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

With Opera 11 beta available for download now, I figured it was time to take a look at some of the extensions already available for the new extension functionality. I went ahead and dug up some of the obvious ones people are going to be looking for, such as the PR and nofollow extensions, as well as a couple misc tools I like.

PageRank - Displays Google and Alexa PR information.

nofollow - Highlights links with rel="nofollow".

OMeasure! - Measure sections in webpages.

GCache - Shows the Google cached version of a page when.

ID Jumper - Gives you a way to link directly to sections in webpages that have an ID, but the webmaster didn't provide a way to link to that section.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I managed to get two extensions written and approved last week. :D

Outbound Links - Displays the number of outbound links in the current webpage, in addition to other link statistics when the button is clicked.

Auto-Ipsum - Transforms special HTML comments found in webpages you're developing into blocks of Lorem Ipsum text.

--

Some of the HTML5-based cross-document messaging stuff seems to work like voodoo, but for the most part writing extensions for Opera 11 is just like writing a regular Javascript application.

If I had to start all over again, I would start here and read the entire article without clicking any of the articles links.

Before jumping to any of the other links in that article, I would go to one of the last ones in the articles "Tutorials" section labeled Hands-on tutorial: building an Opera extension.

Then, I would go through the "API Documentation" section's links.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts