virus? or crazy?

• twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello im new to ur site and i found out i have a virus that is not being detected by scans,its allowing someone to view my web cam any time they want to when im online.ummmm im confused,on how to check or get rid of it.i think they have full access to my computer????im just lost
i feel computer stupid and i sware im not.but i dont know why scans are not picking it up.i just ran a avast scan and it said i had 12 viruses,i deleted them but i know i didnt get rid of the virus all the way i can tell when they are linked to my name because my screen will change colors. and if im doing something they can change the info on my computer or move my icons and stuff.sounds like i just need to get a new hard drive and start all over.im just lost.and fustrated. :roll: :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i just ran another scan and found a virus again,win32:clspring-upx[trj]
under a file purityscan so is my virus scaner infected as well? im getting so mad at this hide and seek game.i dont get a turn and cant reach base.i get rid of 1 and 5 more come in. :cry:

ty jen
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yikes! I'm just pulling thing from my posterior here, but...

1. Did all this start when you installed your web cam?

2. Are you sure the web cam software is configured correctly?

3. Are you using any remote management software like PC Anywhere that might give access to your machine?

btw: cute baby. how old?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Avast is the only place I could find reference to that trojan:
http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1404.html

Symantec and McAfee had no reference to it. It appears to be a trojan according to Avast, which would explain the "backdoor" behavior, but I couldn't find any manual removal tools.

Oddly when you try to search for it at Avast, you don't get any results other than that link.

Seems a little fishy to me.
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

my daughter shes 2 weeks and ty, no its not the webcam ive had it for years. and ive ran more then just the advast virus protection with no results of viruses. but i cant run norton it says loading and i can check back in a hour and still says loading but i know that norton would get rid of it. "i think"
jen
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Symantec (which is Norton) had no reference of it that I could find. How long ago did you start using Avast?
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

3 days but i switched from windows2000 to xp and lost norton somehow and i know i had a virus on 2000 i let someone give it to me to see if it would work. but i got rid of it afterwards with my norton.im wondering when i switched if somehow i still carried over some of the virus.it was a backdoor virus with a bunch of diffrent ones in one pack.i know stupid me.
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

im haveing problems with my computer again now i keep getting error messages such as, A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause.im wondering if it could be the antivirus i installed, "avast" i keep getting virus threats 1 about every 2 hours or so.and my other scans with other products dosnt pick up on any of the viruses that avast is saying i have...im lost agai,but need to keep a antivirus on my computer.
jen :roll:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I merged this post with your prior topic since it is a carry over of the same question.

I know nothing about Avast virus scan, but if I had to guess, I'd say it is the culprit. If you have other antivirus programs you use I would suggest unistalling Avast and see if the problem gets corrected.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it is a trajan your dealing with run a program call spysweeper.. available from download.com it will search your whole computer for spy ware (not just ad ware but) spyware that people use to snoop around your pc... this includes trojans.. it will also remove them... additionally for virus scanner try using AVG it seems to ctach more viruses and worms and trojans than any other i have used, and i have used my fair share of them...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably good advice Gadget Guru. By all appearances it is a trojan, but there seems to be very little information about it at the moment. Adaware does a pretty decent job of removing spyware as well.
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ty going to d/l now
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i d/l the spysweeper and avg, now do i remove the avast from my system? or should i leave it?im stupid q huh?im going to check back in couple of hours when the baby wakes again.have to catch naps when i can,ty for all the help,i think im just sleep deprived rt now,i havent been able to think about any thing on my own,i dont even think i could turn on my computer w/o coffee (forgetting everything i know)
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha no prob... your other virus scanners should not hurt anything to my knowledge, but unless you have areason to keep the old one might as well remove it. :-)
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

it worked,the spyware picked up 26 traces and deleted them,ty again,i cant function rite now i somehow came down with something dizzy and sick,so did both kids yaaaaa 2 screaming kids,can u help with that too?lol
  • Darren B.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Darren B.

Post 3+ Months Ago

For future reference this trojan is indeed a genuine backdoor but it's not all that common in the US but is common in Europe and Asia. It tends to be detected as a variant of Klez by other antiviruses unless it has already successfully disabled the AV. If using Avast you have an option of scheduling a scan on reboot which will allow you to remove any virus unless it's embedded in an compressed archive.

This bug spreads through the file sharing networks and usually comes embedded in archived files which is how it bypasses your AV untill you have it set to scan compressed files also.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts