Virus Problem

• HAZCHEM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HAZCHEM
  • Loc: Brisbane Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i have a virus on one of the my other computers what it is doing is shuting down windows, and it give me a count down. I disconnect the internet form that computer and im running a avg and addaware just incase. I know this virus was going around a little while ago but this one looks diffrent. Does any one know how to fix it. SOz about hte sketchy info and the poor spelling.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

From your brief description -- sounds like MS Blaster. Do some searching around Symantec's website. There is a removal tool there.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was really stupid, so parent at my school got an email with a "Blaster Removal Tool" attached to it, and an email that said something to the effect of "even if you dont have an virus symptoms you should run the attached anyway just to be sure..." and guess what? it was the virus itself! not the bloody removal tool, but being the genius said parent was, not only did they infect thier own home computer, they went and pulled out the school directory and emailed it to all the staff at the school!that was a really crapped day, but luckily the IT manager person had most of the staff traind to not open attachements... however 5 of them were stupid enough to open it... but i guess thats not too bad...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol --MS never sends out those emails EVER! Anytime ANYONE get's a virus removal tool in Email it IS a VIRUS. And most likely the Swen virus.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

There seem to be a whole lot of variants of different strains going around....probably script kiddie modified

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts