Wakoopa

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Somehow I stumbled upon this looking up what SWHELP~1.exe was (guessed shockwave ya~), seems interesting.

Have any of you used it? Pros/Cons?

I could force my staff to use this and record computer usage, free I think.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could, but your staff would probably dislike you for it. There are other ways to inventory and control applications on your network that aren't quite so obvious.

Nobody enjoys working for big brother, so a smart SA runs silent ops for things like this.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would rather be "open" about things like this, instead of hiding the fact that they are recorded, openly show them.

Then it is a lot less "them vs us" type mentality. Especially if I have it as well.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh, none of our employees realize, nor have they realized in the past 5 years, that we catalog the software on their machines. There simply is not mentality to become them vs. us.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I would rather be "open" about things like this, instead of hiding the fact that they are recorded, openly show them.

Makes sense to me.

If you ever had to leverage a secret monitor people would start to wonder how the bosses know soo much.

People are generally less likely to do something if they know they're going to be caught, unless they've just completely lost their mind and do something crazy, in which case it wouldn't matter if there was literally someone standing over their shoulder anyway.

This seems like something that could be worked into some sort of Employee of The Month thing.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like I actually get to try something out for once.
Just got an email about a Linux version actually seeing the light of day http://bit.ly/wakoopa-linux
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
seems like something that could be worked into some sort of Employee of The Month thing

Quote:
I actually get to try something out for once.

Hope none of your ppl frequent the forums or you're gonna have to break out the plaques! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts