Walmart collecting food donations to feed employees.

• Mr OBrien
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: down a creek without a paddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any thoughts, opinions on THIS? I knew Walmart set up a food collection for people to donate canned goods for the needy. But I did a double take when this said that this particular location was taking donations for their employees. This makes me look rather poorly on Walmart. I was completely ignorant to this until now. Did anybody else know it was this bad working at Walmart? I said my piece. Anybody?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always known it was bad, we don't do our grocery there because of this. We would rather go some place where they treat their employees better.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand why the media drums into us how great and wonderful the USA and the UK is when stuff like this is allowed to happen.

I probably read too much online and should maybe dumb down and listen to (and believe) all they say on the media, but when you hear of food banks or things like this in a country that is supposed to be rich and prosperous it's quite saddening.

Fortunately Walmart in its American form hasn't really made it here (although they do own one of the Uks biggest supermarket chains) other words I too would likely avoid them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts