Warranty Managment System

• mastertech07
  • Born
  • Born
  • mastertech07

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in charge of all the warranty issues at a large company that uses all dell pc's. I was just wondering if any one know of a warranty managment system that would audit PC's connected to a domain network and store all warranty information like type of warranty, when warranty expires in a database.

I have not heard of such system. If you know please let me know. Or if you think this would be more of a custom build.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I dont know of any pre build systems but with access, which Im guessing you might have, you could easly create a small database to store this information as it comes in with new Dell PC. Im not sure about the domain network though. Still in high school, no idea what that is :)
  • mastertech07
  • Born
  • Born
  • mastertech07

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks SpooF.

You are right I have gone through the MS access phase. I am thinking I might have to have a system built. I was thinking of a ASP.NET web application that use a simple VB Script that query the client pc and servers for there Expres Service Code, Name, and installed hardware then look up the warranty info from dell. Then I would like to be able to login and enter warraty calls and what hardware was replaced. I would also like to be able to run a report to see what pc/servers will be running out of warranty.

A domain network is a way administrator can manage a group pc's and servers. Domain networks are windows base systems.
  • cancerea
  • Born
  • Born
  • cancerea

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi..

I have just developed an Asset Management System for an enterprise of more than 3000 employee base. System includes the Warranty Management and that keeps track of the equipment warranties.. I can also do the customization to suit any environment. The system is Windows based.

amir

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts