Web design contract - Who's got one?

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have a good web design contract that they would be willing to share? I have a light weight one that I uses but its more of a work agreement.

I'm getting really sick of not being able to stop scope creep and getting blamed for a site not launching on time when clients miss content deadlines by more than the entire project timeline. So I think its time I strengthened my contract significantly.

What does everyone else do? Or do you even use contracts and just hope the project goes well?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I should have one, but I think it's on my computer at home. I'll check for it in the AM and if I can find it I'll send it to you.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Contract or not, you just have to ride some peoples asses.

People have this funny habbit of trying to get the person who bugs them the most off their back first.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
People have this funny habbit of trying to get the person who bugs them the most off their back first.

Oh I agree, but I've kind of decided that I have better things to do than ask people for their content for the 50th time since I don't get paid for that part. If the project goes on hold thats find with me, but I don't want the client who refuses to pay when their site launches 6 months after the deadline do to no fault of mine.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts