What to get my girlfriend for christmas

• allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, i need some advice - from both genders!

I'm deployed in Iraq, so I want to get something for my girlfriend for Christmas that lets her know I think she's special, I appreciate everything she's doing for me (and going through) while I'm gone, etc etc.

Here are my ideas thus far:

1) I was looking at this: http://www.lightaffection.com . Seemed pretty cool. A little pricey, but I think the personal touch of a photo, plus the originality scores big points.

2) She's blond and fair skinned, so I was thinking pearls would look beautiful on her. Any thoughts on pearls? I was looking at this from amazon.com. Also, any advice on pearls? I've never bought them before.

3). The storage door on her center console in her car is broken and drops open everytime she hits a bump. it drives her crazy. I was thinking of getting that fixed for her, since she never will on her own. One of those "little things that says he pays attention" kind of gifts.

4) Something silly and lighthearted as well. She has a wonderful sense of humor and I would like to get some sort of sweet/funny gift to go with the humor our relationship has.

Any other ideas? Suggestions would be great. She loves cats, but I'd prefer to stay away from cat-themed presents. She's a speech pathologist who works with autistic kids, so something in that arena might be cool. But overall, I'm drawing a blank. I need help!! I want her to really know how much I'm thinking of her while I'm over here and how much I appreciate the loads of support she's giving to me while I'm deployed.

allgoodpeople
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, how about this: one of those necklaces that you pop it open and there's a picture inside. maybe get a photo done up in black and white, or sepia or somthing along those lines. i don't know what it's called or where you would get one, but that might be nice.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! That's a tough one. Mainly because you're in Iraq.

The car console fix sound very good and practical, but I'm not sure it's really a, "You're so special" satement. :)

I wasn't able to pull up the light affections site for some reason. :(

Just a crazy off-the-wall thougt; Wouldn't be cool if you could work it out so you two could spend some time together. Like, fly her to London and meet her there for a long weekend or something. Like I said, off-the-wall.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

allgoodpeople wrote:
oh, how about this: one of those necklaces that you pop it open and there's a picture inside. maybe get a photo done up in black and white, or sepia or somthing along those lines. i don't know what it's called or where you would get one, but that might be nice.

It's a locket. Any jeweler would carry them.

I like that idea.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry, it's lightaffection - no "s". My bad.

I would love to be able to see her, but there is zero chance of it happening. i just arrived here, so my mid tour leave isn't for another 6 months or so.
  • Dos
  • Dos

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
Just a crazy off-the-wall thougt; Wouldn't be cool if you could work it out so you two could spend some time together. Like, fly her to London and meet her there for a long weekend or something. Like I said, off-the-wall.

That's the money one.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, well done on doing what your doing in Iraq.

I have a brother that has just come home from doing time for the Brittish Army in Iraq and there was a few times he got scared, as would be expected. Hopefully all goes well for your out there mate!

I am not sure how expensive most things would be in US dollars (your gonna have to fogive me, but i am assuming your from the USA) but definatly look into getting her car console thing fixed.

If she gets that fixed there is no doubt she will appreciate your more than she already does. The light affection is definatly a good idea.
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New England Seacoast

Post 3+ Months Ago

She sounds great and you sound like a nice boy friend ... besides one of the good guys!

You know her best, so I say go with your heart :oops: If she loves jewelry, I would think you can't go wrong by including some thing like a locket in addition to the other items you mentioned. Pearls I would save for when she can help pick them out. Most women are particular about something like pearls, and will strongly prefer a certain type (color/size) and what style (length) they prefer.

Any way you can query her mom, sister, or girls pal(s)? That's if the one(s) you ask can keep their lips ziped, of course!
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would go with the locket. And thank you from everybody i know here for going to iraq to help defend our country.

poly
  • lilsi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • lilsi

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about you try a ring in a box, but the box has a picture of you and her in a heart

I'm not so good at this, im only grade 8, i got my own girlfriend,and im liking these ideas.
  • SKATER
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

allgoodpeople wrote:
OK, i need some advice - from both genders!

I'm deployed in Iraq, so I want to get something for my girlfriend for Christmas that lets her know I think she's special, I appreciate everything she's doing for me (and going through) while I'm gone, etc etc.

Here are my ideas thus far:

1) I was looking at this: http://www.lightaffection.com . Seemed pretty cool. A little pricey, but I think the personal touch of a photo, plus the originality scores big points.

2) She's blond and fair skinned, so I was thinking pearls would look beautiful on her. Any thoughts on pearls? I was looking at this from amazon.com. Also, any advice on pearls? I've never bought them before.

3). The storage door on her center console in her car is broken and drops open everytime she hits a bump. it drives her crazy. I was thinking of getting that fixed for her, since she never will on her own. One of those "little things that says he pays attention" kind of gifts.

4) Something silly and lighthearted as well. She has a wonderful sense of humor and I would like to get some sort of sweet/funny gift to go with the humor our relationship has.

Any other ideas? Suggestions would be great. She loves cats, but I'd prefer to stay away from cat-themed presents. She's a speech pathologist who works with autistic kids, so something in that arena might be cool. But overall, I'm drawing a blank. I need help!! I want her to really know how much I'm thinking of her while I'm over here and how much I appreciate the loads of support she's giving to me while I'm deployed.

allgoodpeople

First and foremost, I, on behalf of my family, want to thank you, your company and your families for what you are are doing in Iraq. Godspeed to bring ALL of you home.

I run http://www.rfjusa.com. I can give you advise on pearls as well as make you a deal on them. I have not yet managed to get our pearls on the website but that is coming. either pearls or a locket would be a great idea. We have both. Since she is fair skinned I think that white pearls would be the best color to get her. As for a locket -- go here http://www.stuller.com/public/catalog3.aspx?categoryID=bbc7c1bc-f866-4ca3-ba46-d03d121ac1b7. this is where we get most of our special orders from. Let me know. I can be reached at sales@rfjusa.com or mtbkrbull@earthlink.net

Curtis
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you so much for everyone's generosity in offering ideas or deals! It's always nice to hear that people are supportive of you as a soldier, even if they may not be supportive of the politics.

I think I like the ideas thus far. I'll keep an eye out for more posts. If someone has a cool idea, I'd love to hear it! I think dierdre is right about the pearls, it is really a personal preference kind of thing and I'd hate to drop a bunch of money and not have her love them.

allgoodpeople
  • Detlev
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Detlev
  • Loc: In front o' Computer.

Post 3+ Months Ago

allgoodpeople wrote:

Do that but put it around her favorite stuffed animal. With a box of chocolates.
  • lilsi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • lilsi

Post 3+ Months Ago

o0o0o0o, your good at this
Detlev
deirdre you should start a post: to win a womans heart. That is pretty good idea....
  • Detlev
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Detlev
  • Loc: In front o' Computer.

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, I am kind of a hopeless romantic.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to design jewellery, what a shame I have stopped at the moment, I could have made you something really lovely. If she likes jewellery, There are a few sellers on ebay that I would recommend, they do original pieces.. One thats stand out to me is this store, shes an australia lampwork artist and her stuff is just amazing, if your girlfriend is an outgoing person she may love this stuff.

http://stores.ebay.com/THE-BEACH-HUT

Let me know how you go :wink:
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Penny

I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground,
But it's not just a penny
This little coin I've found.
Found pennies come from heaven
That's what my Grandpa told me,
He said Angles toss them down
Oh, how I loved that story.
He said when as Angel misses you
They toss a penny down,
Sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of your frown.
So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue,
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.

"Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly".......Anonymou

//
i found a place that sold pennys in a little copper angle that surrounded it. it wasnt quite that same poem but it means the same thing, i think the littlest things can mean the biggest. just saying it doesnt have to be big and expsensive just has to be from your heart.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts