What's Happened?

• Xios
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Saturn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been away on holiday for a whil and this place sure has changed

more locked topics than i remmeber.

can i ask a question with anything coming back on me (meanig my username been delted - lol

why is everyone on this board so afraid of mentioning things like kazaa. i got back of holiday yesterday and i posted in all the forums im a member of.

I came to ozzu this morning (saving the best till last)

and OMG people sure have changed. why are you all afraid of mentioning things that everyone does in everyday life, if i shouted out how to hack i bet the topic will be deleted ASAP. i was speaking on another forum this morning about cracks and serial numbers, i didnt get one comment about it. if i mentioned a serial number here then what would happen, would i get banned, deleted, the topic removed, locked

this is getting to a pathetic point.

I LOVED THIS SITE. i came for help on everything and gave help when i could and had fun in the process. what now eh?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well this is not a place for discussing illeagal stuff

Some people steal copyrighted material everyday, some people steal physical objects everyday, some people (sdmittedly very few) kill people every day.

Should all these be a topic for discussion? It's illeagal and casts a bad light on a professional comunity.

Also - it's against the rules, which are here for a reason.
  • Xios
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Saturn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats not what i mean, i ment it happens everyday so why cant we talk about everyday life, this isnt a fantasy board where we act like anime characters all the time,
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

the smiple answer is still because it's the rules. The justification for the rules is clear - It is illeagal. Illeagal acts are not suitable for discussion in a professional place. It may be part of your everyday life, but does that mean that it is appropriate? No. Plenty of things happen every day - but it doesn't not mean that this is the place to talk about them.

The words "time and place" spring to mind.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

OZZU is a professional WEBMASTER board, not a chat-forum. In those
terms, professionals know what subjects are off limits and which are ok
to talk about. We have a general forum for people to post and talk in a
normal fashion, but you're asking for permission to discuss illegal
activities and that will not be permitted. I'd like an example of what you
are referring to that is "not allowed."

All we aske here, is that you just use common sense and good judgment
when replying or starting a new thread and we will have no problems.

If you have a problem with the rules or how a moderator handles those
rules, feel free to PM Bigwebmaster.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically if you were to start a thread asking where to obtain an illeagal serial number, this would be seen as inappropriate, as the response would be the answers you are looking for. If people are giving info on where to obtain illieagal meterials, this would look like the board owner is condoning such acts. We should not be encouraging people to break the law.

As I said earler, people get killed everyday, people take drugs every day. Does this mean we should be allowing threads that give you instructions on how to kill someone, or where to obtain drugs? No.

As you said yourself, this is banned here and you can go to other places to discuss such things, why not go to those forums and post there if you feel the need. This seems to me the conveinient and sensible solution.
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

People have sex in everyday life, but no one makes a topic in a webmaster forum (this one) about the details of the sex they had last night with pictures.

This forum isn't the place for that kinda stuff, there are other forums/places to diuscuss whatever you want.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu hasnt changed in the way its moderated. The only change is there are more people here.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a few questions for you Xios :wink:

1: How long have the forums you are able to discuss serial numbers and the like been around ?

2: If they have been around awhile, what is the average lifespan per user ? (do the boards rely on repeat visits, or harvesting noobs)

3: Is there a mention in thoose forums rules about such conversations and the boards are so porely moderated that they just don't enforce them ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My 2 cents on this.

This is a very simple thing to understand. When Bigwebmaster created this board, he made the choice that discussions of hacks/cracks/warez circumventing security measures, etc., ad naseum....are not topics that he wished to have on his board.

It's a forum for webmasters to discuss problems encountered in doing their jobs. I look at the general board as a gift. In a sense it's like it's own separate forum for those of us to just enjoy simple things when not dealing with job related things. Nonetheless, discussion of hacking per se is tolerated to an extent. I've even made a couple reasonably popular posts about the subject myself...but when it comes for questions/discusions on methods, how to's, and where can I learn how to do this, type of posts, those will just not fly here. And yes, Kazaa is one that the mods not only agree is a bigtime no-no -- it's also one that causes a bulk of noobs to ask the questions like "How do I get this adware/spyware program off of my computer?"

This is not what OZZU is here for. There are literally thousands of places that those kind of things can be discussed, but OZZU is not one of them.

Like Musik noted:

Quote:
Ozzu hasnt changed in the way its moderated. The only change is there are more people here.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been here for over a year now and if the policy regarding acceptable content has changed significantly I haven't noticed it. Most of the locks I've noticed recently have been people starting parallel threads because they didn't use the search feature before starting a new thread, spammed the board to promote their own site, or insisted on reopening a certain topic that has been thoroughly exhausted and explicitly ended (how many times must it be explained that you can't hide your html?).

Given that there are nearly five times as many users as when I joined and that there have been more than five times as many posts so far this month alone than there were on the whole board when I joined, I don't find it surprising that there are more locked topics visible.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

==OR==

we could all talk about illegal things all the time, then Ozzu will get shut down by the RIAA and other authorities

I like Ozzu, and if not talking about illegal activites is the only thing you have to do to keep it alive, do it.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed.
If you want to talk about your illegal stuff, then do it on another board. You mentioned that you had a lot of them, so why not do it there? Each forum has different rules. If you dont like the rules on this one, then no one is twisting your arm to stay here. As far as Im concerened, its Bigweb's page, and so he can do whatever he pleases. If I get mad at somthing a moderater does, I will complain to Bigweb, and if he agrees with the moderator, then I will simply deal with it or leave. Its not my place to demand what can and cannot be posted on this forum, or any other for that matter, unless its my own.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:

Amen.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I have a few questions for you Xios :wink:

1: How long have the forums you are able to discuss serial numbers and the like been around ?

2: If they have been around awhile, what is the average lifespan per user ? (do the boards rely on repeat visits, or harvesting noobs)

3: Is there a mention in thoose forums rules about such conversations and the boards are so porely moderated that they just don't enforce them ?

I visit a couple of forums that do allow talk like this to go on. One of them has been around for at least 3 years offering support of 2 file sharing protocols(none of which are kazaa), the other is failry new and I moderate there. There is another forum I visit that offers p2p help and has been around for quite a long time as well. All 3 of these forums are moderated very well basically because there aren't any rules regarding discussing crackz/serialz/or where to get them. The only thing I know that the Admin asks is not to put the serial in the thread, PM it if necessary. There are more then these 3 forums that do allow this kind of talk, if you want a list, PM me and I'll give them to you.

But I do respect bigwebmasters rules and I do not discuss those things here.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely why we all pay such high prices for our
music and software.

//locked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts