What should my new Cell Phone be?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The G1 was an almost anti-aesthetic first try by Google at a phone.
Attachments:
200px-Nexus_One.png

Nexus One

Attachments:
g1.jpg

Google G1

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh haha, dear god. I've never seen that before.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Oh haha, dear god. I've never seen that before.

I saw one, it was hideous and really was nothing compared to the iPhone which was really the phone to have at the time. Blackberry wasn't as common around here, now they are just as popular as the iPhone.

It reminds me of my time in Australia, when you saw cars on the road it was either going to be a Holden or a Ford, the owners of which vehicle tended to have a strong enough argument why a Ford was better than a Holden or vice versa. It's the same here with the iPhone and Blackberry, you often have Blackberry users dissing the iPhone users and vice versa. Fun Friendly banter.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend has a Blackberry Torch and I have an iPhone... I like both of the phones, except I like the iPhone better... he as well, except he likes the Torch a little more.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like my Nexus One, but I might be getting rid of it soon in exchange for a Windows Phone, depending on if I like the ones offered by T-Mobile.
  • shawnchin
  • Born
  • Born
  • shawnchin
  • Loc: Southfield, MI, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dear friend Montyt, I must be very sincere to suggest you for Black Barry smart Phone "TORCH-9800"
  • flashfango

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think iphone4 & samsung galaxy S has their own unique features, but i like iPhone4 more:)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well for once I'm actually glad some useless posts bumped this topic.

So, I'm on hiatus from my Android phone for a while. I bought an HTC HD7 last week and it's pretty nice. The screen is a bit large; I'm used to the Nexus One which, IMO, is an ideal size.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hd7

I won't write a complete review of Windows Phone 7, but from the week or so that I've been using it, I like it. I'm still on the fence about ditching Android all together, but the UI for WP7 is excellent. I do miss having turn-by-turn GPS navigation though, and currently the app marketplace is lacking, and I miss a lot of the apps I used on Android.

Also, the HD7 has a kick-stand, which to me is just a moving part waiting to be broken :/

The button's on the sides of the device are a bit difficult to use. They're recessed in a bit too far such that I really have to press harder to use them.

I suppose it's nice knowing that I can swap my SIM card and use either phone whenever I want.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
My friend has a Blackberry Torch and I have an iPhone... I like both of the phones, except I like the iPhone better... he as well, except he likes the Torch a little more.

To follow up on this story, my friend kind of regrets not getting an iPhone instead :lol:

I'm still not even going to try Windows Phone 7.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

Why?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Why?

Not sure I'm ready to try another Windows Phone until I get a little more trust in using Windows products... that is the reason for Windows 7 computer... after gaming of course :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally broke down and got an HD7 today. I love it so far.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

im waiting to see who gets the 4g nexus S before upgrade. I currently have the nexus one and its the best damn phone ive ever have. it has android 2.3. lol i just notice it is 234 lol the nexus S is suppost to have 3.0 ice cream.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I am still using the first iPhone, my wife has the 3G and she seems to have more problems with hers than mine. I thought about upgrading to the latest iPhone, but have heard too many complaints about it so I will probably wait for a future release before upgrading.

You need the better hardware for the updates to function right, if your using new f/w with old hardware it will be looking for stuff on the mobo that is not there, ebay the 3G and upgrade to at least a 3GS or i4 and even with the faster hardware you will find that it will run better due to the compatibility of the updates
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm beginning to dislike iPhones but that's just me. My iPhone has being acting up lately and it's getting really annoying.

One thing for example, sometimes when I get a call and try slide that bottom slider to answer the call, the slider doesn't slide... like it's frozen in place, no matter how hard I slide or whatever, the slider just doesn't slide and I miss that call.

Another thing is that folders take 5 seconds after touching it, to actually open. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry 5 seconds is a lot. It also tries my patience when I'm not in a hurry... I hate loosing time waiting for something that I shouldn't be waiting for.

Another thing is that sometimes my iPod won't play music... I think this is a big one. I plug an auxiliary cable into the headphones jack and plug the other end into the car aux port and try to play music... it plays 5 seconds of the song and then fades out. When I try to play it again, it starts from where it faded out and 5 seconds later fades out again.

Another thing is that the iPhone sometimes freezes... period. I'm on it trying to open an application (recently when it happened, I was trying to turn on Angry Birds), the iPhone freezes. To unfreeze it I have to turn it off and then turn it back on.

Can't wait for my 2 year agreement to dissipate so I can upgrade to an Android.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you formatted the phone recently?

Try and restore and a fresh clean install

also every month your suppose to drain your battery dill dead and recharge it from there to keep the battery healthy.

i have had the odd issue with it but nothing that can not be fixed but i still have to use my iPhone as my work is based around it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do drain my battery every month... and after that the folders open instantly for a day and then its back to the waiting for them to open.

I'm not exactly keen on formatting it either, don't trust that backup utility enough (not sure how to use it another reason).
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Finally broke down and got an HD7 today. I love it so far.

Also using an HD7 now as well. Didn't like the size at first, but the large screen is growing on me, especially since I rarely make calls and use it mostly for email/text/web.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I do drain my battery every month... and after that the folders open instantly for a day and then its back to the waiting for them to open.

I'm not exactly keen on formatting it either, don't trust that backup utility enough (not sure how to use it another reason).

lol

every time you sync you backup your phone to your computer, which includes apps, sms, photos and anything that is in itunes including music. The whole point if sync is to copy it back. If your using a jailbrolen phone then i would not suggest it as 4.2 is the latest f/w for jailbreak but fi you just us ethe normal iOS then restore and update.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

My phone isn't jailbroken. There was one time I updated my phone and I lost all of my files. There were like 300 pictures on it that I lost (I'm really unhappy about that), lost all my contacts, lost all the music I bought on iTunes (WTF!)... so I had to re-buy the music, apps (Thankfully if you buy the apps again, they just give it to you for free... not so with music... those greedy f%*&ers).

So since then, I'm not too keen on it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 50 posts