• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your life...

I'm still thinking...

Anyone volunteers to be the first to share?

It can be a whole short passage of story, or a few lines of words...I assume there can be many moments to some people...or there's only a single occasion..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was getting a checkup after a nosejob, and this girl was in the waiting room, filling out forms for her boob job, and after a bit of conversation, she said "What are YOU doing here, you're PERFECT".
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol

:lol:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was attending a class in a financial course; 2 years ago. And I didn't realize until the second day that I was quite attractive I guess, 2 girls were trying, asking me personal quesiotns...etc etc.. to talk to me simultaneously, kind of competing...and I was flattered.

I think most guys like this situation...and i'm sure i will have more of this...:P
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I very rarely have compliments from anybody in my family, but one from my mum i got for a photograph i took was really good.

Granted i personally think the photograph is poor in comparison to what i can do now, but it was just a nice moment.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I once overheard a colleague telling another colleague ... the reason he's so arrogant is because he's hyper-intelligent and used to being right all the time...

I know I can be arrogant and I'm most certainly not hyper-intelligent :imwithstupid: ... I think I was flattered offended and embarrassed all at the same time :D :hmm: :oops:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

A while back my friend and I were at subway waiting in line when the sports anchor from the tv station I use to work at came in. He told me how everyone wished I would go back to work there because I was so much better than all the people currently in the production department.

I actually hate it when people compliment me like that because then I get all worried that I am going to start letting down whoever it was that offered me the positive reinforcement.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Granted i personally think the photograph is poor in comparison to what i can do now, but it was just a nice moment.

That's the way it always seems to go. Of a set I took last year, everybody elses favourite I thought wasn't that great. Other people always seem to disagree on your best work :P
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The other day I was at a club, talking to these two random girls I met there, and I was busy talking to my buddy quickly, and I overheard them saying: Which one do you think he's interested in? I hope it's me. ... That was pretty cool ... Because I don't usually just get girls just 'fighting' over me ... lol
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's really nice imagining how you all are being flattered in sequence, the movies play in my mind when I slept last night...it's funny and joyful

:D
  • markusPHP
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: york, england

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
it's really nice imagining how you all are being flattered in sequence, the movies play in my mind when I slept last night...it's funny and joyful

:D

You have too much time on your hand, my friend.

My most flattering moment was quite recently, when a girl whom i'd fancied (to non-uk'ers, this means "got the hots for") broke up with her boyfriend. NO! It wasn't because her boyfriend was in an immense phase of hurt (wink) but it was because she added me on facebook (cliche..) and then also on msn. We got to talking and she said she thought i was really good looking - i thought nothing of it, my long hair, slim-fit jeans get me these compliments everyday, but i digress - she then went on to say she has a crush on me...

SAY WHAT?!

It was short lived; she said she was still hurting over her ex boyfriend, and asked if we could stay friends instead (dont you hate it when people say that? "Sure, rip my heart out through my mouth.. i still desire your friendship!).

So, yeh, if a large truck, with say 4400 huge hurtling wheels was to hit her.. i wouldn't be too bothered - i mean, we are only 'friends'.

:twisted:
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

My comment here would be X-rated.... :)
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
My comment here would be X-rated.... :)

:lol:

... and women can't drive because they have no idea how long 6-inches actually is :wink:
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime,
HUH? what does that have to do with driving? they cant' drive because they are women... :P joking ladies...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's because their brains are smaller. It's science.

Ron Burgundy wrote:
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi markus, ..was it something you might have done but didn't realize it, that made her feel losing attraction..

One thing I know,...no matter how external environment comes.., if she's attracted to you, she wouldn't change her mind..

Same, here I experienced your situation before..., sometimes women just want to make use of you, in return to make them feel more attractive in the eye of her 'someone'...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is you guys are all trying to create affection, not attraction. Quit trying to convince her you can be there for her when she needs you and start creating some raw chemistry.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or you could take "Mike's (kc0tma's) patent-pending guide to romance".....are you ready for this........whatever happens, happens. If you go out looking for love you will get anxious and will eventually settle for something that may not be the best for you. But if you wait patiently and let chance work its magic the good outcome will happen eventually.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

neksus wrote:
The problem is you guys are all trying to create affection, not attraction. Quit trying to convince her you can be there for her when she needs you and start creating some raw chemistry.

Interesting. About the size of the brain, there isn't any scientifically proof yet to support the thesis that, smaller brain is less intelligent. Human brain is much smaller than elephant brain, and human can plan, achieve more than an elephant, that's a no-brainer theory. I can't remember, is it Darwin's theory??

It's still a very mystical, strange phenomenal that why men's brain is more powerful than women's...

Quote:
will need to re-read some of the pages of a book

About attraction, :) Hmm i was thinking if you read something about David Deangelo?

kc0tma wrote:
Or you could take "Mike's (kc0tma's) patent-pending guide to romance".....are you ready for this........whatever happens, happens. If you go out looking for love you will get anxious and will eventually settle for something that may not be the best for you. But if you wait patiently and let chance work its magic the good outcome will happen eventually.

Very nice. hmm, I'd like to add something here... If we take it as an experiement, and observe, analyze the outcome of something, it's always less stressful..

Sometimes, there's time when you need to give just as passionately as you can...and times when we just wait...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
Interesting. About the size of the brain, there isn't any scientifically proof yet to support the thesis that, smaller brain is less intelligent. Human brain is much smaller than elephant brain, and human can plan, achieve more than an elephant, that's a no-brainer theory. I can't remember, is it Darwin's theory??

lol

It's from The Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

And what a classic movie that is! i love Will Ferrel movies.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you seen Wake Up Ron Burgundy?
The script for the Anchorman was only like 4 pages long, most of which was improv. They made the original movie in the cutting room, but created an entirely separate movie with other out-takes and released it under that name.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't. I've actually been looking everywhere for it. Everywhere but Google i guess.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a 2 disc SVCD copy of it...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts