What use is flash?

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll critisize that site for it's sloppy markup and accessibility issues lol (I will find something to critisise dammit!). Fully supporting earlier comments about bad html designers....

I think the animation on that site is messing up a bit, but only because I'm on a really slow computer at work. Looks very nice though. and subtle use of flash-not in your face, which is always nice.

Thats a good post smokenjoe. I also refuse to go to bad/slow flash sites. I wonder how much peole will get better at it though. Some will because they want to excel, others won't because they don't care enough about doing a really good job (again - it's the same with every single field there is).

Jut out of curiousity, can you print flash off of a webpage or make the flash file printable?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two things:
1. From an SEO perspective, flash isn't good for displaying your text (I don't think I need to explain why)

2. There are heaps of good, non-trivial ways to use flash. I bought phpFlashMyAdmin recently.
http://tufat.com/script.php?id_num=7
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

phpFlashMyAdmin... now there's an interesting use for flash! Though I generally HATE flash, that actually seems pretty useful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 33 posts