What would you do if you did not have broadband?

• Andylee_2000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: North East England, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice to know my latrinal requirements are of great interest :oops: :wink:

Seriously though... it's a damn fine invention, almost on a par with trousers. 8)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, nice.

Thanks suz, at least I know Ive got frineds at Ozzu! :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

u know wots so dumb, the major dsl websites say its available in 98% of australia hah. i dont believe that i live in that 2% and im not that far out of melbourne. booyah to them.
  • Uzzo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Uzzo
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have dial-up now so I wouldnt know different.

I do however, have the pleasure of 18Mbps *cough* yes 18Mbps speeds at University. Shame theyve blocked all the P2P and also the fact that I finish next week!
  • JakeTheSnake
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have only had broadband for a few months and it is so much better than dial up but I think I could live without it if I had to.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

hrm... lets see... if i did not have broadband i would go buy it... :P
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd cry like a little baby. Then I'd cry some more.

Oh, wait! I don't have BB. :cry:
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel for you. I dont know how I ever lived w/o it!
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really, I'm doing fine. You can't truly miss what you never had. It will be great when I do get broadband. I'll have to get another hard drive! :D
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Joe,
Quote:
Thanks suz, at least I know Ive got frineds at Ozzu
course you have, i forget how many members BWM has lololol
But to be honest joe, i admire you, you know your tech stuff, i have to admire anyone who can hold them kind of conversations :D think thats about all ozzu cept me lol
Take for instance, remember the ip thing..the global ip i dived into, well it was then i thought, hey this guy knows what hes on about lmaoooooo listen to him suzie..so suzie did/does...and anyone else i think talk what i need to know.
:P
Quote:
Really, I'm doing fine. You can't truly miss what you never had
well this is what i was saying earlier, i was quite happy with dialup, most of the sites i visited did'nt have flash images on the web pages, i was'nt interested in Flash/Swish then, so the places i went to where quick to load, no problem, no need for b/band, then of course i heard about Swish, that changed my life, how i surfed for ever, i got b/band !
suzie.
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically, I limit myself to content that loads quickly. Long downloads I do overnight. When I do get broadband, there are going to be many new resources for me to tap. :)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
there are going to be many new resources for me to tap

I believe there are..music and video is quicker so they tell me, i don't do any of that though, am not interested enough, my time is spent only at the fav forums i have been to since i got b/band.
Before i had never even heard of discussion boards, now i'm addicted lolol and don't do nothing else.
I love the spirit of the communities they bring together, ways to support peeps through good time and bad times such as bee is having right now, i don't do hols, never been abroad cus i'm scard of flying (claustrophobia) keeps my feet firmly on the ground, but when asked about where i compute to, i say all over the world, this is the good part JrzyCrim, i speak to people all over, in many differnt countries, i love it !!!
Enjoy your b/b when you get it, i'm sure you will.
suzie.
:D
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) It's only a matter of time before I do. And yeah, like you suzie, I love forums. It's great being with people from all over. When I first got access to the internet, I spent most of my time on usenet and irc. I don't do IRC these days; Mainly stick to forums.

I'm mostly interested in streaming video when I get BB. MIT has free video lectures online. I can view them now but they stall out frequently and the quality is poor at 56k.
  • lanacode
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • lanacode

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
If i didnt have a cable i wouldnt be online. Slow computers drive me crazy :shock:
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i live in the uk. i lived in a place called luton near london and i had b'band . i LOVED IT!!!!. my family move to the country side (in the middle of no where) so not only did i move schools,area and every thing else the place i moved to DIDNT HAVE B'BAND!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: i had to buy a 56k modem. speaking to the cows and animals in the miles of fields i have to pass to get to town i found out that the exchange only upgraded to a digital line about 5 years ago (that means 5 years ago the had 2 wind the telephone up to ring sum 1 lol) . since i moved i have phoned bt(british telecom) asking for b'band and i finally got sum where!!! :) they are now finalizing plans to install it!!! only down side is it could take as long as summer 05 to get ere.

at least it coming .

well thanks for listening to my life story but its a saturday night and i cant sleep because im addicted to RED BULL!! :twisted:

[fade][blur]D@N[/blur][/fade]
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. I feel for you. Maybe talking to the cows is good thing. Maybe get to know them so that when they try to rebel, you will be there to smooth things over! :)

//Red bull is good, but when I want to stay up late an Amp (mountain dews energy drink)or a cup of java is all I need.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts