What is your Philosophy of life . ?

• classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that looks like an odd post but heh ...

im studying this subject , its intresting a bit . I would love to hear some of your own thoughts about yer Philosophy of life ...
few words wont harm :D

Note : I wont Use your Philosophy in my quizes or assignment , this should be fun ..

IceCold Dont miss this .
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• awkawe
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Dayton

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my philosophy in life ...

"FLow with the river"...Just keep moving.......u have got time until the river unites with the Ocean......
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Life is like driving. If you set a destination and keep the road, sooner or later you reach it. But when you dont even know the destination ... where do you want to arrive?
Also, if you speeed, you might wreck your car or others' cars, get a ticket or even get busted ... but also it's the only way to get ahead of other cars. If you dont take the chance, then dont expect to be in front.
Now remains to wonder which is the final destination of this race .... well, that remains to be seen ... still i'm convinced that it wont be over, but merely a new beginning.
  • Pirate TV
  • Pirate TV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wake up each morning and decide a new philosophy of the day. One day you can vow to be kind to all living creatures, the next you can decide that nothing matters except for money, etc., etc. You may eventually end up in a mental ward, but a least it keeps things interesting.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

strict positivity
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

The river sounds good , the car even better ...
hey ice ... i will steal yer sign = the mind makes all the differences = i like it :D

now for the new Philo everyday , that aint philosophy , that is a Mood swing ;)

roarmeow , what do u mean by strict Positivity ?
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

balance! balance! balance!
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Somebody else said this (can't find an attribute anywhere), but I find it useful:
"All things in moderation, especially moderation."

a few more I like from W.C. Fields:
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it."

"Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Shake it off" - I know thats pretty lame, but its true, shake off the bad things and replace them with good..

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened" - Because if you don't remember the good times, you will became consumed with saddness and it will over take your life (Just ask my kids father)

"Do unto others, how you would want others to do unto you" - Because if you treat people like crap, and people treat you like crap in return, what more can you expect. Treat people nicely, and they will treat you nicely, unless they are just totally screwed in the head, then they will treat you like crap no matter what you do!

"Just do it" - Because if you don't do it for yourself, unless you are the queen of England no one is going to do it for you.

"What goes around comes around" - Very true, if you do somethingbad or tread on someone to get somewhere, you can expect the same in return 2 fold. I believe in this more then anything.

These are just a few of mine, I have alot more LOL.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:
roarmeow , what do u mean by strict Positivity ?

i mean that there's a real battle going on... some polarity around us... and we've got to choose, on a moment-to-moment level, to embrace positivity in all these moments...

recognize the amazing potential of following through with kindness, curiosity, compassion, risk, and optimistic assumptions, among other things... so that we create, with our minds, the reality in which we wish to live...

and strict positivity... because there's so much at stake... we can't afford to relax into a cushion of depression or let things go because of uncertainty or fear... we've got to be vigilant about livying up life...

but i think nazim hikmet says it much better in this poem (in turkish here
).

strictly positive
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Balance is good ... but its hard to follow ?

ScienceOfSpock " try try and then quit ... ok u got a point but what if the 3rd try is successful ? & lol @ the beer .

Benat > Keep them coming ... im enjoying this ...

roarmeow :
i like the ending of the poem

for the world must be loved this much
if you're going to say ``I lived''

i hear what ya saying , and i agree with u
!
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was a DJ on the radio that used to say "Live every day as if it was your last, because one day it will be" I always liked that .

Although I am not a religious person, I do try to follow the mantra "do onto others, as you would have done onto you".

The way I live my life is:

Think of yourself as the best at everything. (This is an internal feeling, I don't mean you should be running around pedantically telling everyone how something should be done).

By thinking you are the best at what ever you are doing causes two possible reactions to a situation.

1) When you do a good job at something, your ego doesn't get inflated, because you expect yourself to have done a good job.

2) When you don't do a good job at something it bothers you that much more, since how could someone who is the best at it make that mistake. Thereby making sure I don't make that mistake again.

It sounds wierd, and its hard for me to articulate properly, without sounding like I am a full of myself. But it makes sense in my mind.

Dangles
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

dangles,
doesn't sound so much that you're full of yourself as that you set your sights high and won't settle for anything less.
which is tight.

also, i love seeing all the golden rule stuff on here... so true... no matter if you call it the golden rule or karma or whatev's... we're all in the same boat.

classified,
if you're too spun around by your research on personal philosophies to answer this, that's cool, but...

how about you? what's your personal philosophy?

science of spock,
good to see you around again...

and here's another great w.c. fields philosophy: "Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have time no one will stay and when you have none you can't keep them away.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

roarmeow wrote:
classified,
if you're too spun around by your research on personal philosophies to answer this, that's cool, but...

how about you? what's your personal philosophy?

:roll: got me there ...
Ok , i think happiness is the key element that drags me out of bed everyday to meet my activities ...
Smile , treat people good ,be fair , share your thoughts and listen to others ... i can go on forever but thats my definition ..

Now Happiness has many routes to it , i dont mean Sex lust or anything like that ( though we sure need em )
there are many definitions 2 happiness depends on who you ask "a psycho" , a Murderer ... Not my way for sure ...

i find it pretty hard to express what i know about my philosophy ... maybe others has the same problem , they do have a philosophy , but they might not be aware of it .

True that u cant stay happy all the time , those moments are important i beleive because thats how you get tested and get Experienced ...

Quote:
"an unExamined life , is not worth living "

i remember this question " what is the diffrence between Wisdom and knowledge ?

can u answer that ? :?:
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

knowledge is the acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, from study or investigation, wisdom is taking the information acquired through knowledge and passing judgement to discern a problem, or a situation where a decision is needed.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Experience is everything

Try to experience as much that life has to offer as possible, because your memories are the only thing that you can hold on to.

'Live life to its full potential, because it's the only one you'll get'
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pirate TV wrote:
Wake up each morning and decide a new philosophy of the day. One day you can vow to be kind to all living creatures, the next you can decide that nothing matters except for money, etc., etc. You may eventually end up in a mental ward, but a least it keeps things interesting.

I like that one :P

ScienceOfSpock wrote:
Somebody else said this (can't find an attribute anywhere), but I find it useful:
"All things in moderation, especially moderation."

I definately like that one.

Dangles wrote:
There was a DJ on the radio that used to say "Live every day as if it was your last, because one day it will be" I always liked that .

Live like you were dying, there are many variations of this one and personally it annoys me. If I live like today was my last day, it probably will be. If I live like I will have a life to continue on with, then I might play in more safer and just make it. If I dont I wont know.

"Better a short fun life than a long boring one"
Again, many variations, this one is my variation, however the moderation one comes into this since, I would actually rather a satisfactory life for a satisfactory amount of time. In the middle. "All things in moderation, especially moderation." I really do like that one.

classified wrote:

can u answer that ? :?:

Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:

"Unless men increase in wisdom as much as in knowledge, increase of knowledge will be increase of sorrow". Bertrand Russell
No amount of knowledge can give us wisdom. And look on the internet ... you can find now very fast lot's of informations (aka knowledge) ... but the question is: do you know how to use what you know?
About being happy, being sad (though i'd say feeling happy and feeling sad) ... these are only thoughts of the mind. If you can get over the thought of feeling sad ... you can always be happy. And usually sadness comes from what someone owns or think he owns (fortune, fame, ego, selfish love ....).
Also i agree with the saying: do onto others as you would have them do onto you. It's the law of nature: action and reaction, and i believe that everything happen for a reason.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek > sounds like the answer . ;)

Merlyn > True experience is important , but how far can someone go ?

Randomality > i always thought a tomato is a veggi .

IceCold wrote:
Also i agree with the saying: do onto others as you would have them do onto you. It's the law of nature: action and reaction, and i believe that everything happen for a reason.

i like this one , and its true somehow ... treat people good so they treat ya good n return ...
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:
Merlyn > True experience is important , but how far can someone go ?

limit is only a concept of the mind.
there are no limits when you look at the sky
there are no limits when you look up so high
....... so the limit is the sky
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
....... so the limit is the sky

True ,
But Boundaries are essential ! :D
Dont ya think ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My philosophy of life has been rather consistant for over thirty years now. It's a combination of quotes I have gathered over time that describe my thoughts on life. They are as follows in no particular order:

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
2. Every man(person) has the inward tendancy to become exactly as he perceives himself to be.
3. If you don't get what you want in life, you'll have exactly what you deserve.
4. The only constant is change.
5. Knowledge is power
6. There is no spoon.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
My philosophy of life has been rather consistant for over thirty years now. It's a combination of quotes I have gathered over time that describe my thoughts on life. They are as follows in no particular order:

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
2. Every man(person) has the inward tendancy to become exactly as he perceives himself to be.
3. If you don't get what you want in life, you'll have exactly what you deserve.
4. The only constant is change.
5. Knowledge is power
6. There is no spoon.

I like the sound of that 1 ... can u explain the last quote ?
Quote:
6. There is no spoon.
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a quote from 'The Matrix' basically means, its only there becasue you think it is.
The world is only how you perceive it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Randomality wrote:
Its a quote from 'The Matrix' basically means, its only there becasue you think it is.
The world is only how you perceive it.

Pretty much spot on the way I see it.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh the matrix ...
i hear ya .
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm para-phrasing but here goes...

"You cannot be all that you can be, until everyone else is all that they can be"

I believe that was a MLK quote.
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:

"You cannot be all that you can be, until everyone else is all that they can be"

What I get from that is you cant make it to the top on your own.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:

this 1 is tricky ... confuses me hehehe ..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 72 posts