Whats the point of starting a thread then locking it?

• Uzzo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Uzzo
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, I was about to post in that ozzu.co.uk thread and when I pressed reply I was told the thread has been locked. Whats the point of starting a thread to promote a healthy discussion only to lock it after? Legal proceedings going on then? Anyway, this is what I wrote as an answer and coz I wrote it I thought it should get posted.

----------------------------------------------------

Shame on you Brian, Ozzu.com.

Whats the big f deal anyway? This boards not even that big on the web (http://www.big-boards.com), there is no reputation to be dented.Whats the point of posting this publicly when you could have just sorted it out otherwise?

Big fuss over nothing IMO. Great reading anyway.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

read the thread...
you could see it was getting out of hand and the "healthy discussion" was gone
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

the point is because a moderator said so. Unfortunately, OZZU is not a
democracy.

The discussion was over and finalized. Flaming was about to break out,
and was already starting. It was locked to prevent any further damage
and argument.
  • Uzzo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Uzzo
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look man you banned the guy. That was enough. C'mon, leaving it open would only have made the general discussion area more interesting. I know moderators rule boards, blah blah but the point is the thread was started by a moderator and if you cant handle what you started dont start it in the first place.

;-)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I felt it was over -- and so it is. Sorry if you don't agree. Flaming and arguing is not what ozzu is about, nor will it become that. If this is your source of entertainment, then you're in the wrong place.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Locking the thread was the best option. Especially since ClericVash was banned.

It's not exactly fair or professional to allow a thread to be opened discussing someones actions when that person is banned and cannot defend themselves.

Even if he wasn't banned, it appears he would have dug is own grave deeper and deeper with every post anyway.

So no matter what, the best choice was to lock the thread.

The issue has been resolved, all that is left is post-conflict anger and flaming. It's best to just let that pass.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, it was locked for a reason, as everyone stated, not to start it again in a new post because when you tried posting it was locked. Locked means locked, not go post to continue in another post.

After I am done ranting I'll lock this, because I don't want this conversation to continue. I don't care if it dent's the popularity of the general discussion, it doesn't need to be discussed.

If your site really existed, I would ask you, what would you do if someone registered bavstar.co.uk. Or bavstar.net? It's the real world, we had a discussion about a Mike Rowe, who registered mikerowesoft.com. The content of the page had nothing to do with microsoft, and the name wasn't even similarly spelled, yet MS took legal action. THAT is all Brian is doing here. I know if someone took one of my domains and registered it with a different extension I would be all over them, regardless of what the content was. Copyright laws are there for a reason.

Contrary to popular belief, this IS a popular board, this IS an active board. It doesn't need to be listed on any two bit page listing just to be popular. You've hardly been here long enough to make ANY statement towards Brian, Ozzu or its staff.

Now just let it fall to the bottom of the forum, like all other senseless and pointless posts do.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts