When the protector turns aggressor...

• Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know how the entire event took place but this news did really made me upset. Police officers from the finest NYPD just unload bullets to an unarmed would-be groom--and they were acquitted. This a kind of scenario which should not have a place in a civilized world...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Police officers seems to kind of get away with lots of crap that normal people definantly wouldn't. For one thing, cops are trained to unload on their target. Their excuse is that under stress it is harder to carefully aim and have one well placed shot, which does make sense really. But like when the cop is at the window of a car and the driver starts to pull a gun, you don't have to aim real hard at that close of a range.

We had a thing in my area a few years back where about 5 state troopers (I think) went to a bar in another town one night and got smashed, then wrecked the car on the way back. Nobody was wearing a seatbelt, and two of them were killed. The guy driving got a ticket for drunk driving, no jail time or penalties, he got to keep his law enforcement job and was back to work the next day. He didn't even spend a night in the county drunk tank like any other civilian would have. That raised a lot of controversy and hateful letters to the editor of the news paper.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whatever happened to the rule of engagement, kcotma... dont shoot unless shoot at, or if the suspect is raising his arm to aim the weapons. I understand, police job are "not a walk in the park" matter. Police dont have a strict script when they walk the streets but rather, they do adopt to actual scenarios, but incident like this is very disheartening. Maybe in Afghanistan, or Nairobi, or Iraq, but New York city, that is shocking.

The news also cited prior incidents, which also involve police officers overly gunning down unarmed civilians. Another story said a black man was shot 41 times because police officer mistook his wallet for a gun. Oddly enough, the news say, blacks and hispanics are among the most victims.

This has also brought back memories of that Brazilian electrician who was shoot in a London subway who police mistook for a terrorist.

We are not getting any safer....
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can talk to you all day long about how martial law and one world economies are bad business, but to be short and to the point, this is kind of a precursor to that kind of thing. When the enforcers have the explicit permission (and are even urged) to do something it is the "Average Joe's" who are on the receiving end of brutality.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts