When you think about Global issue(s)

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the first issue pops up in your mind?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Security - Global Variables. Once a geek, always a geek. :D :D :D
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol. You made me chuckled a little. Thanks I have been serious most of the time, UPSGuy.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Food contamination.

My magic crystal ball tells me that the massive online movement for legalizing Marijuana in the USA is going to lead to a revolution in safe food via hydroponic food factories.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think of over population and the fact that we are using more than we are producing. Like when you said "global issues" the image that popped into my mind was India on a map and the thought of billions of people confined into a relatively small area.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
My magic crystal ball tells me that the massive online movement for legalizing Marijuana in the USA is going to lead to a revolution in safe food via hydroponic food factories.

One can only hope. I'd love to see hemp (post-revolution, heh) utilized to its full potential as well.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got this hemp seed gluten free granola with dried strawberries in it. Yummmmmm!
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Global warming; not caring for the environment.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have this 'Poverty in Africa' image pops up in my mind. Anyone here heard about the 'Darfur - genocides' in Sudan? I thought this can only be filmed in some movie but I learned it in a forum, which a student posted about it, and it is true that nothing seems to be able to stop it.

About the Poverty in Africa, I am not simply saying this for my desire of talking. I kept thinking why this is happening to them.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kind of think that some of these issues or problems or whatever you want to call them are a direct result of our own expanding intelligence and the development and growth of technology. When you think about it, up until a hundred years or so ago pollution from automobiles wasn't a problem, weapons of mass destruction and chemical or biological warfare were limited to flinging disease infected bodies through the air, globalization and world trade was a lot smaller and even non existent in some areas. Once we got smarter and developed this hi tech stuff, the world got a little bit smaller and problems started occuring.

Or maybe it is the other way around. Maybe the problems were always there, its just now it is easier for people on the other side of the globe to learn about them. Back then global issues were out of sight and out of mind.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi kc, I believe it is the later one..(I may change my mind later..who knows).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts