Where in the world would your ideal holiday destination be?

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where would you most like to jet off on holiday to? or is there somewhere in the world you'd love to visit so much that you'd even consider moving there on a more permanent basis?

Just the last week i did a massive tour of my home country, it was probably the first proper holiday i have had in about 3 years and it is one i thoroughly enjoyed. I will not likely forget it for a long while. The thing about this recent holiday was it got me thinking of where i would like to really visit next. For years i have wanted to head to the United States, i guess mainly because my brother lives there.

A couple of years ago i headed to Australia then i did a 3 week tour of New Zealand and instantly fell in love with the New Zealand lifestyle and people. Such an amazing country and one i would love to visit once again. Recently though i have started to love alot of the Northern European countries and would love to some day visit Iceland and most of the Skandinavian countries. I reckon my next holiday will take me to Sweden though. I have a friend that lives there and it was her that came over to Scotland last week to travel with me, i promised i would visit Sweden someday soon.

Has anyone been anywhere recently? or are you thinking about flying somewhere different? Where would your ideal holiday destination be?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would move to anyplace that is warm all year round & has a nude beach.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always been fond of South Padre Island
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

A large yacht, one I could live and fish off of for a week.
  • sase_95
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Neg, MK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would move to Bora Bora and enjoy my life!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently started teaching myself Swedish. The more i thought about things the more i wanted my move to be to Sweden. I don't want it to be a vacation though, it would be ideal if it was more permanent.

It's amazing how easy something is to achieve if you put your mind to it.
  • Jeff007
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jeff007
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Agreed with SB, we just have to plan the things in mind and we can follow that to make it true. I would like to visit Mauritius as I have heard a lot about that place and want to travel in the ship as I like water and you are surrounded by water everywhere.
  • Jowebart
  • Jowebart

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am living on a island, is warm all the time , and has nude beach too :D. but as i am here , i always want to be somewhere with snow :) ... My dream holiday would be somewhere in Alaska , or Canada, or Us (never been there)... or even Dubai :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only just saw the photographs from my tour of Scotland just a couple of days ago as i didn't have a camera and it's taken my friends this long to upload them to Facebook :lol:

I am more or less convinced i am heading to Sweden within the next year. Been teaching myself the language and seem to be getting the hang of things now. Got alot of exciting things planned though in my personal life that may delay my departure, but hopefully if things go to plan and i love the country more than i think i will then making trips to Sweden and other Scandinavian (Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc etc) countries may be more common than first thought.
  • Gosan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Jupiter, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd love to move to Costa Rica, or any Central American Country, where I'm within 5 minutes of the beach. I've been to Costa Rica five separate times, all for about a week or two. I absolutely LOVE it there.

My ideal situation would be to live in Costa Rica and vacation to the U.S. to see family and snow in the winter.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really want to do a beer tour of Belgium, including the Delirium Cafe.
  • grayt cummings
  • grayt cummings

Post 3+ Months Ago

vietnam is the best for the holidays. a nice walk around the city, the sumptuous food, pretty ladies!!!ho chi minh city is the best
  • inspiro_Host
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Switzerland for sure and may be Malaysia, Singapore and Dubai too :)
Moderator Remark: Removed spam information
  • grayt cummings
  • grayt cummings

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I really want to do a beer tour of Belgium, including the

hi,

if you are into beers, then you should go to scotland and try the world's strongest beer:

sink the bismarck at 41% alc vol and brewdog tactical nuclear penguin at 32%!!!!

they will sink your nuclears :)

belgium is hot for cultural liberation too .
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Technically those aren't beers since both of them are partially distilled. Still, I'm excited that they might both be coming to the U.S.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

grayt cummings wrote:
spork wrote:
I really want to do a beer tour of Belgium, including the

hi,

if you are into beers, then you should go to scotland and try the world's strongest beer:

Is it odd that i found myself quite proud of this sentence? Trust us to be the makers of the strongest beer in the world, as if Whisky wasn't a strong enough alcoholic beverage to be exported from this country! :lol:
  • grayt cummings
  • grayt cummings

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

SB wrote:
grayt cummings wrote:

Is it odd that i found myself quite proud of this sentence? Trust us to be the makers of the strongest beer in the world, as if Whisky wasn't a strong enough alcoholic beverage to be exported from this country! :lol:

oh yes, you should well be proud. :) im wondering, do you guys have iron livers?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the topic is beer tourism, I think the Czech republic has something to offer as well :D

as for my travels, I took Husband to Japan in May and reaffirmed the view that Japan is my dream country. If I could find a job with a decent wage there I would definitely consider moving.

in terms of places I've never been to and would love to visit, Cambodia and Angkor Wat are pretty close to the top of my list... Also the Maldives, just about any place in South America, and large swathes of Asia, including China, Thailand etc.

Closer to home, there's always Croatia, which is painfully beautiful in places, like Plitvice for instance. Isn't that just special-effect grade stunning? :D

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is stunning. Had I seen that picture elsewhere I would have thought of it as being somewhere in a tropical climate. Croatia would have been the last place on earth I would have thought of.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
That is stunning. Had I seen that picture elsewhere I would have thought of it as being somewhere in a tropical climate. Croatia would have been the last place on earth I would have thought of.

it is lovely, isn't it? I'm trying really hard to get there, either this winter (it's lovely under snow!!!) or in the spring. I don't know any other place quite like it.
  • Steve-Hostirian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: St. Louis MO 63146

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a beautiful picture, celandine. My ideal holiday destination would be Hawaii. Lived there for five years and looking forward to moving back. :D
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

What island were on you on when you lived in Hawaii? I just went there for my first time a few months ago and visited Kauai, really enjoyed the trip!
  • Steve-Hostirian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: St. Louis MO 63146

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was on Oahu ... lived in Kaneohe first, then Kailua. But I did take flying lessons there and flew to all the Islands. Loved Kauai - flew through Waimea Canyon a number of times - visited the Fern Grotto. Best trip there was when I flew some friends over and we all went sliding down lava tubes into pools of water.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts