rooster

Which came first?

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
an eternal astral wanderer, and nocturnal, is well known for this kind of behavior.

I did use to sleep walk and carry on conversations in my sleep, but I grew out of that. I guess in the middle of the night when I was younger I would just walk around the house and look out windows and open cabinets and stuff. And my sister always tells this story where I was sleeping on the couch and she was on the floor watching tv, and supposedly I sat up and asked her if she still wanted the money. Of course she said yes, and asked what for. According to her, I said "For the couch." I don't know whether or not I can believe that, but one other time I was sleeping on the couch during college. It was close to finals week, but instead of regular final tests my teachers had us take certification tests (so for our final grade it was either pass or fail, no in between). My mom says I was trying to explain to her something about sites and services, so it was active directory no doubt that I was dreaming about. My wife says I don't snore, but I do hum. She says I'll inhale, then when I exhale I go "hmmmmmm".
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol! I think I would have to secure myself to my room - I'm scared of subconscious me. :) My mom had two step-sisters that used to talk in their sleep to each other. She always tells a story of a time their mother asked them about something she (my mom) did - snuck out or something, the two then talked back and forth about what details they should tell or not tell, so of course, mom got busted. heh
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

My parents got me a tape recorder for my birthday or christmas or something when I was little, and I hid it right outside my sisters door to her room. She had a couple friends in there and they were talking about school, and my sister said something about how she had been skipping some class all week. I listened to it later and ratted my sister out for that one.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When we were kids my family had to watch my brother because he would sleep walk when he had to use the rest room and he would try to pee in the strangest places.

I can only imagine how he felt when he woke up with his pants around his ankles standing in front of the oven with the door open getting ready to pee in it after someone turned the kitchen light on.

I caught him trying to pee in the trash can one time and had a conversation with him about it after I thought I woke him up. He to this day doesn't remember any of it though.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I caught him trying to pee in the trash can one time and had a conversation with him about it after I thought I woke him up. He to this day doesn't remember any of it though.

Wow. I remember doing that once, totally conscious, in the kitchen, while talking to my mom. I was probably about seven, eight? Less. Anyway, I didn't do it on purpose -- it was one of those mental juxtapositions, if you know what I mean. Like when you are preparing food and carefully open the fridge, place your knife on a shelf, close the door, and then /facepalm/ I just put the knife in the fridge for no reason.

At the time, I remember cluing in half way thru the deal and being totally mortified but unable to do anything. I could not just stop urinating. I was standing there with my willie in my hand, peeing into the garbage can. My mom was standing about 6' to the left, working at a counter top (head height) and talking to me. I've assumed she knew what was going on and just let it go. But my mom was generally not like that, so now I'm thinking she actually did not notice. Maybe I should phone and ask :lol:

I used to sleep walk around that age, apparently, altho I do not remember it at all. :roll:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The egg chickened out!

I just felt like saying that... period. I don't know if it has any meaning to it.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you think that god created everything, The Chicken cmae first

If you are an evolutionist, it was the egg.

The REAL question should be. How do you prefer your Chicken and Eggs?
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Genetically, the egg had to come first.

If the theory of evolution holds, then there must have been some species before the chicken that continued to procreate until one day, an egg is fertilized but a mutation occurs in one or more of the chromosomes, changing the individual enough that it becomes a separate species. This egg thus contains the very first chicken embryo, and thus, the egg came before the chicken.

Mystery solved.

Yet how then would this strange deformation not only not be killed (as many animals kill weak offspring) but also to be able to pass on the deformation without a mate of it's equal?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:
If you think that god created everything, The Chicken cmae first

If you are an evolutionist, it was the egg.

The REAL question should be. How do you prefer your Chicken and Eggs?

Roasted and Scrambled
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Baked, and sunny-side up. :shock:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Migas!

Its great hang over food.
  • adi14
  • Born
  • Born
  • adi14

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think egg came first.. :) its so confusing question..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 42 posts