•  
    Malaysia
  •  
    Singapore

Which Country do you know better?

• vikiviki
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think Singapore is better than Malaysia as tourist city.
but if for living, i will not choose any one of them, i do not like such weather that has no obvious line of spring, summer, autumn and winter.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

vikiviki wrote:
i choose singapore.

Hi Thanks for your posts. I can definitely understand where your stand is; the weather in the South East Asia is always either warm and rainy, or just warm. Sometimes if lucky, it can be a bit cloudy and misty after raining.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the main attractions for expatriates is Singapore’s personal income tax rates which are among the lowest in the world. If you have been in Singapore for at least 183 days in a calendar year, you are considered a tax resident and will be taxed on all income that is incidental to employment in Singapore.

Source: http://www.contactsingapore.sg/young_pr ... singapore/
  • johnllino
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • johnllino
  • Loc: USA Kansas City

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah I go for Singapore! quite boring in Malaysia.,
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that because the Philippines where you are posting from is closer than Kansas City where you claim to be located?
  • pramodtalekar
  • Born
  • Born
  • pramodtalekar

Post 3+ Months Ago

My vote will always be for Singapore as it's a religion independent country, 10x more advanced,wealthy n beautiful than Malaysia,
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

pramodtalekar wrote:
My vote will always be for Singapore as it's a religion independent country, 10x more advanced,wealthy n beautiful than Malaysia,

Hi, nice to hear that. Do you mind to elaborate a bit more so people here can learn something out of it.

Thanks.
  • linkbuildr
  • linkbuildr
  • Loc: Vancouver

Post 3+ Months Ago

They're very similar and have, recently in terms of tech industry, developed along similar lines. I guess Malaysia is larger (geographically) while Singapore is more of an economic hub?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a nice finding:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3542749/top ... -the-world

Enjoy.
  • fatale

Post 3+ Months Ago

Malasia I know it better I lived there! nice place
  • kathyjones
  • Born
  • Born
  • kathyjones

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Malaysia is better than Singapore economy! Malaysia have the cheap of labor cost and Singapore’s are famous for share business! Thank you :lol:
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

If this poll was still open I would vote Malaysia. But to be honest I know very little about both these countries.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

WritingBadCode wrote:
If this poll was still open I would vote Malaysia. But to be honest I know very little about both these countries.

Thought the poll was still open. Anyway, your comment is appreciated.

Care to share why you picked Malaysia ?
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
Care to share why you picked Malaysia ?

Sure, I was chatting with a girl from Malaysia in a random chat-room and asked a few things about Malaysia. Thats why I know a little more about that country then Singapore.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

linkbuildr wrote:
They're very similar and have, recently in terms of tech industry, developed along similar lines. I guess Malaysia is larger (geographically) while Singapore is more of an economic hub?

Hi, sorry overlooked your post, was slightly busy with my work. Yes, you're right, Malaysia is much larger camparing with Singapore.

About Singapore being an economic hub, well I can't say for sure as I don't know in-depth how that can be technically or academically justified as correct or not. But I guess maybe you're right in coining it as an ecomonic hub.

But I've always been more interested in the political sides of both the country.

Well, without political stability, economy shall not be as good as anywhere. Agree?
  • dorajoy12
  • Born
  • Born
  • dorajoy12
  • Loc: xiamen

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say Singapore.
  • linkbuildr
  • linkbuildr
  • Loc: Vancouver

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:

Other than their locations, I don't know much about either country, except that Singapore's economy is about to tank because it's based entirely on commercial trade.

Spork posted this back in 2009. Did Singapore's economy actually tank due to the global recession? I'd be curious to hear how it is faring. :?:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

linkbuildr wrote:
spork wrote:

Other than their locations, I don't know much about either country, except that Singapore's economy is about to tank because it's based entirely on commercial trade.

Spork posted this back in 2009. Did Singapore's economy actually tank due to the global recession? I'd be curious to hear how it is faring. :?:

Interesting. Let me dig on some information and get back to this thread after I settle down with my work for this week.

If anyone knows any of this, do share.

Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 48 posts